3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

had 3250 DD installed today, good streetability

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
had 3250 DD installed today, good streetability

OK, it is just a tad louder than stock when it is idling and the window is open. With the window up I don't notice any extra noise at idle. If I lug the motor and give it gas at too low of an RPM, it makes a lil noise. Easy to drive, grabs differently, but not grabby like the ceramic one I had. I have reversed a couple of times, did not notice anything weird.

Pedal pressure was more with the stock hydros. After I put in the HD hydros, pedal pressure seemed stiffer than it did with the new clutch and the stock hydros. I probably need to adjust it properly.

The hydro upgrade does have a remote master cylinder, which the stocker does not. Right now it is zip-tied to the AC lines. Give me some ides on mounting please people.

I will contact SB tomorrow before I get off on a lil trip.

Thanx.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now is when you need your stack tune back lol. I think you made a good choice going with the double d. it should hold up pretty well
Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 AM

I am jealous, I am stuck with an auto.

Can you slip dd clutches to built boost without tearing them up too fast? I read somewhere some of the drag racers do that but cant imagine it wouldnt tear the disks up instantly.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by jwb600
now is when you need your stack tune back lol. I think you made a good choice going with the double d. it should hold up pretty well

Thanx bra. I just drove to work, and I am really impressed with the street-ability. At idle you can hear it just a little bit. If I hit the high-idle, it is no louder than stock at high idle. My last HP clutch was very loud & grabby. Right now I only have to push the clutch down like 5 inches (guess) and it shifts easily. It might be a tad high, I will find out when I contact SB.

It will be no problem for the wife to drive. It does get pretty hard to get the pedal down far enough to deactivate the clutch safety switch, but there is no way I am deleting my clutch safety switch (when I was a teenager, my buddy was in the engine compartment of his lifter power wagon, I reached in to click it over, it was in 1st gear and the 383 ran him into the garage destroying his hood and the garage door -ha-ha-ha).

I will add more info as I go.

Thanx.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by barryp
I am jealous, I am stuck with an auto.

Can you slip dd clutches to built boost without tearing them up too fast? I read somewhere some of the drag racers do that but cant imagine it wouldnt tear the disks up instantly.
Any intentional slippage of a DD to build boost will shorten its life.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:50 AM

But that is how the sled pullers do it. Also the drag racers. Gotta have boost before you leave. No other way around it with a manual.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by wildmanben
But that is how the sled pullers do it. Also the drag racers. Gotta have boost before you leave. No other way around it with a manual.
I agree but thats also why they rebuild them every season.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:27 AM

This is a daily driver. I think I read that SB suggests going easy for 200 miles. I don't think I could bother it if I tried. I have the Superchips (soon to be smarty Jr.) on performance, boost fooler, intake & exhaust. People are a heck of a lot more power than that with this clutch.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:20 PM

I think mine rattles a little louder than yours. Mine was quiet for the first couple days then started to rattle little more. Also, when I loaded the Smarty and advanced the timing it seems to make the rattling louder from the clutch. For the break-in i think they require 400 miles.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by snoyes
I think mine rattles a little louder than yours. Mine was quiet for the first couple days then started to rattle little more. Also, when I loaded the Smarty and advanced the timing it seems to make the rattling louder from the clutch. For the break-in i think they require 400 miles.

400 miles, will be fine. I am not towing until January. I will definitly not be doing any 3rd gear dumps for a while. By the end of today I will have 400 on it.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:48 PM

Hey snoyes, is yours the 3250?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:21 PM

I have a couple of questions for you guys. First. Can I run it with stock Hydraulics? Second. Do I just need to order the SB3250DD Street and everything is included? What about a pilot bearing? Thanks

I'm going to order one next week.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by jmccart
The hydro upgrade does have a remote master cylinder, which the stocker does not. Right now it is zip-tied to the AC lines. Give me some ides on mounting please people.
That is where mine is mounted. There are several other people with it mounted there also. Theres not any good place to mount it, so the zip-tie method seems to be the best method.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned

I mounted mine on the firewall above the Brake master cylinder
Old 01-23-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations John on the DD. Let me know how you like it. I think I am going this route too. Don't wanna spend the money on it, but might as well get it out of the way...

Quick Reply: had 3250 DD installed today, good streetability