3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

H2 Wheels Hubcap Mod question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Here are the hubcaps all finished hopefully the pictures attached okay, anyway I painted them myself with duplicolor self etching primer / black metallic / clearcoat. a couple chipped a little when I pulled the tape off I will patch them with the touch up stuff. I pulled 3/8 off of the collar from the bottom using a piece of masking tape to make a straigth edge around the hubcap and marked it with a sharpie, worked perfect, until my dog bumped me on the last one. I trimmed the clips and the collar both with my dremel and a reinforced wheel and they all came out looking pretty dang good. I was talking to my dad who does plating/chroming and he said that since the wheels have a copper base a nickel middle coat and a chrome top that you should be able to plate them with chrome/gold/black chrome (would look really cool) if you want to get in touch with my dad he can do some pretty cool custom work for knives guns and assorted small stuff encluding laser engraving his website is battlementknives.com but anyway back to the original reason behind the post my hubcaps.
Attached Thumbnails H2 Wheels Hubcap Mod question-hubcaps-4.jpg   H2 Wheels Hubcap Mod question-hubcaps-1.jpg  
Old 04-12-2009, 06:41 PM

Man those look great! I didn't catch if your wheels are black or not, but I definitely like!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 PM

Location: Texan living in the eastern settlement known as Georgia
From the caps I have, a few sets each of painted and chrome, the chrome have plastic keepers that don't require trimming and the painted have the stamped metal keepers that need trimming. I personally like the trimmed down caps on the H2 rims, especially the chrome centers on the 08 polished H2 rims. No Mickey Mouse here, just southern craftsmanship. I don't understand how the double nut method works with stock lug nuts as mine have no thread showing for a second lug.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:04 PM

On my H2 wheel equipped Ram there was enough of the stud exposed from the stock lug nuts that I was able to thread the factory H2 lug nuts on the very end.
The H2 lug nuts are a different thread size but went on the exposed thread just enough to get tight against the already installed Dodge lug nuts.
I just used some needle nosed pliers to bend the tags in a little on the Dodge center caps and they popped right on (very tight) and look GREAT!.

They have been on the truck for 2 plus years now in all types of weather and terrain and haven't budged.