3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

H2 Hummer wheels & 315's on my HO

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Gary C
122mm is the machined size to fit the Dodge, HUMMER WHEELS ON EBAY

Hope this helps, look around they are cheap
Where does the 122mm number come from? I've seen it a couple of times. I just checked my stock aluminum one and it measures about 121.25 mm or about 4.774 in. dia. I opened up a little more than this for the set I did. The hub cap bore also needs to be opened up to 8.5 in. dia down to about .25 in. up from the counterbored surface where the lugs rest.

Even the stock wheels don't seem to be hub-centered with the stock bore. There seems like there is at least 0.010 - 0.020 clearance between the hubs and the hole so they are lug centered. The rear hubs are even smaller.
Kris
Old 02-23-2004, 01:55 PM

It's the hub bore.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:18 PM

It's the hub bore.
Sorry if I wasn't clear,

Did the 122mm number come from the supplier of the OEM Ram wheels or some other wheel supplier as a specification? I ask the question since it doesn't seem to match what I measure.
Kris
Old 02-23-2004, 02:30 PM

Some other wheel supplier as a specification and I also can up with 121.xx
Old 03-01-2004, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by commonrail
.....The hub cap bore also needs to be opened up to 8.5 in. dia down to about .25 in. up from the counterbored surface where the lugs rest.

I decided to do it this way....

[IMG] [/IMG]

Front just has the Hummer cap. (need to find a Cummins or Dodge tag to cover that)
[IMG] [/IMG]
Old 03-02-2004, 07:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bighammer,
why don't you take some silver spray paint and spray the floater hub cover? Looks cool...

MikeyB
Old 03-02-2004, 07:13 AM

Originally posted by MikeyB
Bighammer,
why don't you take some silver spray paint and spray the floater hub cover? Looks cool...

MikeyB
I might do that when it warms up a bit.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Bighammer
I decided to do it this way....

[IMG] [/IMG]

Front just has the Hummer cap. (need to find a Cummins or Dodge tag to cover that)
[IMG] [/IMG]
I thought about going this way also but a little different. For the rears, if you can roll or find tubing that is about the right ID (~8.75 in.), I was thinking about making an extension about 1.5 in. tall and adding an additional cap. The tube would bond to the outside of both caps with the inner cap retaining to the wheel and the outer cap for cosmetics.

Another thought with the H2 caps, notice how the shape has a big "C" in the center. I thought with some accent paint, you could make the "C" stand out and create an overlay to go over the "HUMMER" part that said "Cummins HO" or "Cummins 600".

I was thinking about going this way to preserve the capability for the wheels to attach to a Hummer. They are so in-expensive that I decided it didn't make much difference to modify them for the ram caps instead.

FYI, if you bought a set of 4 and still need a spare, I was able to get a single new takeoff from vfrtruckaccessories.com with a 315 AT.
Kris
Old 03-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Banned

Here's my H2 Hummer wheels and Dodge caps:

and a pciture of the whole truck:

I did not open up the hubcap bore at all. I simply cut off approx. 1" of material from the edge of the stock Dodge center cap with a cutting wheel on a small handheld air tool. I then ground down each lip of the lugnut tab so the cap would correctly snap around each lug nut. I then spray painted the Dodge caps using Dupli-Color wheel-coating to match the hummer wheel coating. I had the original steel chrome wheels and caps. The caps fit very tight as they would on the stock steel wheels.

Also, the fender flares are Xenon painted to match.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:57 PM

Nice truck Carl. I'm thinking I need some flares with the extra width. Are those Xenon flares? (or something else?) They look like they belong there. Are you happy with them? (fit, quality, width, etc.)

Cool paint job too.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:46 PM

I also have the xenon flairs , perfect fit.....

Carl, the stock caps look way better on the H2 wheels than the stockers.

Nice JOB.......
Old 03-02-2004, 07:16 PM

load rating

Those are sweet wheels everyone.

I am assuming the dodge wheels are lug nut centric and not hub centric. Is that correct?

What loading rating does the H2 wheels have? And how much can I get a set for????

Very nice and very creative!!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 07:23 PM

The Hummer center hole is smaller by about a quarter inch so it can be made to the same size as the Dodge wheel.

Not sure about load ratings. I asked my bro at GM to see what he could find out.

I got mine for $129 + shipping. (yes, for 4 with caps)
Old 03-02-2004, 09:34 PM

Re: load rating

Originally posted by PapaPerk
Those are sweet wheels everyone.

I am assuming the dodge wheels are lug nut centric and not hub centric. Is that correct?

What loading rating does the H2 wheels have? And how much can I get a set for????

Very nice and very creative!!!!
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Sal...sortproperty=3

the dodge alloy wheels are hubcentric.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:28 AM

Re: Re: load rating

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Sal...sortproperty=3

the dodge alloy wheels are hubcentric.
I don't think the hole size is close enough to the hub size to be considered hub centric. When I checked this originally, it looked to me like there was at least 0.020 radial gap between the front hub size and the wheel opening (alloy wheels). The rears hubs are smaller and have major clearance between the hub & hole.

I used a dial indicator and measured run-out with the H2 wheels installed lug centered and they seem to be within 0.010 or so TIR. It changes by about 0.005 by bolting and un-bolting. so the clearance between the hubs and wheel holes would have to be less than 0.005 to make everything hub centered.

The reason the hole center is still improtant is it is used to balance the tires. If it is off, the tires won't be spin balanced correctly.
Kris

Quick Reply: H2 Hummer wheels & 315's on my HO