3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Guages

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guages

I recently bough a 04.5 dodge with a cummins in it and I am looking to put a boost, fuel, and egt guages in it. I have seen lots of different brands of guages but am not totally sure which to get. I don't want to spend a fortune on them. I am also aware that you get what you pay for so I don't want to buy junk either. What type of guages would you guys suggest and were is a reasonably prices place to get them? I am looking to get a guage mount that fits up behind my rear view mirror. Not sure if this changes the diameter of the guages or not. The only site I found with one of these mounts didn't tell me the diameter of the guage holes.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:54 AM

Isspro and Di-Pricol are probably the most popular two brands. Both are a near perfect match to the factory gauges. Both brands seem to be pretty good quality. They're all the same size and will work for pretty much any pod you want to put them in. Do a search on this site and you should find plenty of reading on the subject. I have pics of my windshield pod in my gallery.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by mkelly9779
What type of guages would you guys suggest and were is a reasonably prices place to get them? I am looking to get a guage mount that fits up behind my rear view mirror. Not sure if this changes the diameter of the guages or not. The only site I found with one of these mounts didn't tell me the diameter of the guage holes.
For a good site check out www.egauges.com they have many makes and reasonable prices. Personally I like Autometer as I have many types of these gauges and had very good luck. To the best of my knowledge the overhead 2, 3, and 4 gauge pods for our trucks are setup for the 2 1/16" gauges. If you plan on doing any BOMB-ing think about the boost gauge you might need. I thought I would never see above 30 psi so I got a 0-35 psi gauge and now I am looking at replacing it with a 0-60 psi gauge, only problem is I can't match my pyro in the same series gauge, bummer! You can see my setup in my photo gallery. Good luck and set aside a trust fund for you future enhancements, it's very addictive.

L8r,................dogger
Old 02-16-2006, 05:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gauges are gauges. All the major brands will serve you well.

I have the white face DiPricol EGT, Turbo Boost and Tranny gauges. In fact I am about to buy a Fuel Pressure gauge to match them.

If I had it to do over again, I probably would go with Isspro. I think they match each other better. But, that said, I am happy with the DiPricols.

Just pick the ones you like visually the best and get them.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned

mkelly9779,

The best matching ones for the 2003+ trucks are the Isspro and the new DiPriocl LED lighted ones, we have pics of them all and even nite time pics of the DiPricol's too. Take a look and decide what you like the looks of is the best way, so long as you stay with Isspro, DiPricol or Auto Meter the quality is there and so is the accuracy.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 02-16-2006, 03:00 PM

Sailpipes what kind of air compressor is that, and what are you running off of it ?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Craig
mkelly9779,

The best matching ones for the 2003+ trucks are the Isspro and the new DiPriocl LED lighted ones, we have pics of them all and even nite time pics of the DiPricol's too. Take a look and decide what you like the looks of is the best way, so long as you stay with Isspro, DiPricol or Auto Meter the quality is there and so is the accuracy.

Mark @ DPPI
Mark, Can I PM you with exactly what I want and see if you can give me quotes on the different ways of being able to do it. Not sure if that is allowed on this website. I want to play around with a couple of options and see what is best.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

mkelly9779,

Sure it's allowed, but try info@dieselperformanceparts.com if you want it'll be faster for you and easier for me. Or just call us at 866-455-7788.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 02-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Banned

I've used autometer on everything i've ever driven that I've modified. I love the quality of the guages, the fitment, the look, and above all the customer service that they offer. They are second to none IMO of any guage i've ever dealt with.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:57 AM

how about dipricol are they any good those are what i was lookin at what matches the interior best
Old 02-17-2006, 12:10 PM

Sailpipes what kind of air compressor is that, and what are you running off of it ?
It's for my PacBrake.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:37 PM

I just installed the ISSPRO Boost and Pyrometer with the dual pod A-pillar from DPP. Perfect match with factory gauges.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:05 PM

Does anyone know if the Isspro package from diesel manor has the full replacement a pillar or the one that goes over top the orginal factory one after cutting the handle off.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:26 PM

Not sure about their's but the one DPP sells is the full a-pillar that replaces the stock one. It looks awsome. I had the other type on my ford and it did not compare.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:07 PM

I got the Isspro set up from Piers...

I called Diesel manor but shipping was delayed (promissed shipping yet they never showed called several times and just got a BS excuse of Sorry forgot today just so busy).. so I canceled and went with Piers and couldn't be happier. Piers shipped same day and everything showed up when promised. I will call them first from now on.

Gerry

Quick Reply: Guages