3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Green Filter

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green Filter

Is anyone using the green filters? I called them today and they said that on there intake systems they do not provide a new tube from the filter to the turbo because they did not see any significant results in upsixing the tube. I see that quad is offering and intake system that is a green filter with a tube. But they could not give any info, only refered my to www.greenfilterusa.com. I called them and the person that I spoke to said that they are constantly performing tests aginst other brands and there filter was superior, but he did not have any test data to share. I know AFE challenges everyone to the "white glove" test. Those out there with other brands, is your tube dirty? Do the aftermarket tubes have the baffels like the factory one?

Still searching for the right filter!!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the Quad system

The quad system does not include a new tube. Slight alignment difference but the factory tube fits well. Received mine yesterday and it took all of 15-20 minute's to install it. Very simple and yes, it has the green filter on it. No cleaning kit or re-oiler for it in the kit though. About $15 from Green or Quad for the cleaning/re-oiling kit. Seems to be well made and actually very quiet if you don't want the noise to be increased as mine is installed with the factory tube with all vanes and baffles intact.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:04 AM

green filter cleaning!

I run the quad air intake and its doing a good job! I however dont like their cleaning and oil supplies. I race dirtbikes and happen to have a bunch of different oils and cleaners. The cleaner Green provides is in a shiety bottle and sprays on weak, it takes to much and too long to clean! So, I used my motocycle PJ1 air filter cleaner that works way fast and much better, rinse it off, and apply silkoline "fabric air cleaner oil"! Works great and is much easier and not so messy! The oil is red, but if applied correctly, it will only tint it a bit! I also feel that this method cleans the filter better, and silkoline air filter oil is much better than Green's!
Old 09-21-2005, 12:17 AM

green filter

run the green in the dust for a while and then run your finger on the inlet tube of your turbo, then you will change to something different..personal experience of mine.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by lightening ram
run the green in the dust for a while and then run your finger on the inlet tube of your turbo, then you will change to something different..personal experience of mine.
--Which was????? Anyway, if you are getting dust on the inlet tube of your turbo, it probably means you didnt oil your filter properly! Thats one of the reasons that I use a higher quality cleaner and oil. Try using silkoline fabric filter oil, it can be found at almost any motorcycle shop like Honda, or Yamaha. There is nothing wrong with the green filter!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:41 PM

I haven't tried the Silkolene filter oil, but I like their pre-mix and plastic shine.

Getting good results using the Quad/green? Mileage/ performance?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:30 AM

I just got my AFE yesterday and haven't installed it yet. I CAN tell you that the torque tube that comes with it is straight through.. No baffles, no turning vanes in the bottom elbow. As for the white glove test,, I'll let you know in a few days..
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Banned

Dynocon,

BIG OLE CAN OF WORMS here, but if you want the best filtration that stops dirt get the AFE Pro Guard 7. The Stage II that incldues the 6 inch id intake tube does flow a lot more cfm too, that's how it drops EGT's more than a Stage I does etc. Call us if you have any questions etc. I don't want to post too much here as it usually starts a war on who thinks what and that doesn't solve anything and is not productive for anyone.

Mark @ DPPI