3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Got rear ended... pics... advice on new bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Other guy "seemed" to be ok physically...
Only problem I'm having with aftermarket bumpers is a 5-6 week delivery time. Anyone know who has anything in stock ready to ship???
Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it depends on your insurance. If you tell them your a DIYer some insurance will send a adjuster out to guess on repairs and give you the cash in hand. some will say you have to take it to their mechanic. If thats the case, then your pretty much jacked on getting any money for a aftermarket. I have USAA and they gave me money in hand when my truck was broken into.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:28 PM

Actually, if they tell you that you HAVE to go to their chosen place, you can call them out. That is in fact not legal. I've been in the bodywork business for 15 years, and know that one well.

Originally Posted by Sevir
it depends on your insurance. If you tell them your a DIYer some insurance will send a adjuster out to guess on repairs and give you the cash in hand. some will say you have to take it to their mechanic. If thats the case, then your pretty much jacked on getting any money for a aftermarket. I have USAA and they gave me money in hand when my truck was broken into.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:37 PM

Same exact thing happened to me a few months back. Back of my truck looks like this now...

It is a little tough to see but the insurance company paid for a Superhitch and the bumper is a Fusion Bumper. I added the diamond plate.

The adjuster didn't have a problem with it but I did paint the bumper myself.

It took about 5 weeks for the bumper to be delivered.
Attached Thumbnails Got rear ended... pics... advice on new bumper-back-end-2010.jpg  
Old 01-07-2011, 03:44 PM

I also worked with my body shop, I just had to pay for the difference between the stock and after market bumper.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 PM

Air bags are not "tied" to anything. There are inertia sensors mounted on the header in front of the radiator. They could be mounted in the trunk and get the same result. All they are looking for is a specified amount of deceleration.

http://www.dodgepartsdept.com/

This guy sold me a COMPLETE chrome rear bumper; step pad, tag lights, everything for $425
Old 01-08-2011, 08:38 AM

I thought this thread had something to do with the new DADT policy just signed into law. My bad.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by cougar1559
Air bags are not "tied" to anything. There are inertia sensors mounted on the header in front of the radiator. They could be mounted in the trunk and get the same result. All they are looking for is a specified amount of deceleration.

http://www.dodgepartsdept.com/

This guy sold me a COMPLETE chrome rear bumper; step pad, tag lights, everything for $425
Not turn on every car, they do use an interia sensor by they also use impact sensor you can tell on VW/audi by the yellow connectors, there are ones on the each side and ones on the grill behind, and a couple in the rear for the rear airbags. I have seen them when I parted out a car, all the wiring lead the airbag module.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Bye now you should be feeling neck and back pain followed bye a case of new truck and extra cash.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:12 PM

I have a road armor front and back with stealth guard. A couple of months after I got the bumpers (about 4 years ago) I got rear ended by a saturn, car looked almost like the one on the pictures after accident.

Let me tell you, I was so happy I dished out the money for the bumpers, it chipped about and inch of powder coat of the rear shackle and bent the tip of the muffler.

I took the truck in to get checked anyways for the frame, and everything was ok.

I remember telling the guy who didnt see me at a red light, and thought it was green, "you got my bumper dirty", he said "i'm sorry" and proceeded to clean my bumper, priceless.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by nchapa

I remember telling the guy who didnt see me at a red light, and thought it was green, "you got my bumper dirty", he said "i'm sorry" and proceeded to clean my bumper, priceless.
LOLOLOLOL

I love it
Old 01-09-2011, 03:26 PM

trik396,

I found this on another site and they are local to you.

http://roadrhinobumpers.com/
Old 01-12-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Howling
trik396,

I found this on another site and they are local to you.

http://roadrhinobumpers.com/
Man those are nice... but I wounder where they got their design? looks familiar.

I got mine from Aluminess, they custom built and painted them both and mounted my winch in 6 business days. They usually have them in stock. you can get a tire gate, or put a winch in where my tool box is behind the license plate. It weighs about 60 lbs.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-12-2011, 06:53 AM

When are cars going to learn they can"t play ruff with trucks???????? Funny how often this happens!!! Some 16 year old texting while driving didn't see me and did the same thing!! Had a 8" drop hitch in at the time, that was the only thing she really hit. I wish I had pictures, funny thing the cops almost gave me a ticket for a 3 day expiered insurance card. Luckily the wifey was off work and stopped to show them!!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you thought about Throttle Down Kustoms (www.throttledownkustoms.com)?

No idea what they would need for time to build one, unless they had one in stock.

I'm considering the Mayhem bumper and the standard rear they offer.

Kris

Quick Reply: Got rear ended... pics... advice on new bumper