3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Got my Frontier Gear Diamondback on

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got my Frontier Gear Diamondback on

Just want to give a little review on my new bumper. First off the fit and finish is excellent, the powder coating is high gloss and looks thick. I was able to install it myself without help, I just lifted the bumper and placed it on the hitch, the bolt holes lined right up. I got the one with the back-up lights built in, the quality of the lights left a little to be desired (cheap $11 crap) so I installed Red Led Tail Lights which I wired to come on with the brake lights. The holes for the lights had to be widened a little with a dremal, not a big deal. The only thing I didn't like was that the bumper is predrilled for a 6 Prong Receptacle. I guess the 6 Prong is more popular in Texas where the bumper is made. I had to drill four holes to reuse my 7 prong plug. I'm going for that utilitarian look with my truck and I think this bumper is perfect.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:14 PM
wrm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice You Did A Clean Job.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:18 PM

I have the same one except i didn't get the reverse lights. Love the bumper! Great choice!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much was it? Got the website link?
Old 12-22-2007, 07:03 PM

Sweet looking truck. Where did you buy that bumper and where in NJ are you?
Old 12-22-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by FlaCracker
How much was it? Got the website link?

Been a while since I got mine....so im not up to date on pricing. I'd guess around $400 ish. And you may be able to sell your stocker and reclaim a little of it. http://www.frontier-gear.com/html/RearBumpers.html

It is a nice bumper if you want to keep a stock or upgraded rear receiver hitch. I love the RH pipe bumpers, but you run into problems with only 5k of trailer rating when you add their receiver tubes. The Frontier solves that issue and looks good to...imo.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:45 PM

That is a nice looking bumper! Looks like it may have survived the 4 truck pile up I saw today. One truck stop and chain reaction 3 drove into the back of her. I was in the oposite traffic left turning lane. They did right beside me. Kinda funny if your not in it.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:46 PM

I also have one on my truck and for the light plug I got one that had the 7-way and 4-way together to fit in the big hole. Today I installed a full replacement front end, guess I need to get some pics.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Patriot2500
Sweet looking truck. Where did you buy that bumper and where in NJ are you?
Thanks. I got it from a dealer that sells on ebay, goes by the name
tx-take-off-king, he sells mostly Ranchhand but can get Frontier-Gear. I'm down in Toms River.

Mike
Old 12-23-2007, 07:10 AM

Does the factory 2" receiver just come thru that bumper? Where on the bumper is the location for the 7 pin harness to mount? I like the look as the rest of my truck is black diamond plate. I will need to look at this bumper if I ever bang up the stock piece.

Looks good. Jeff
Old 12-23-2007, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by JP-4.5
Does the factory 2" receiver just come thru that bumper? Where on the bumper is the location for the 7 pin harness to mount? I like the look as the rest of my truck is black diamond plate. I will need to look at this bumper if I ever bang up the stock piece.

Looks good. Jeff
The bumper is cut around the factory receiver and also has the cut outs on top for a hitch ball. Just to the left of the license plate is the mounting hole for the electrical connector, it is drilled for a 6 pin which is basically a diamond shape with 1 large hole in the middle and 2 holes on the diagonal. I had to drill 4 new holes for the dodge 7 pin connector.

Mike
Old 12-23-2007, 12:46 PM

JP............MRoman described it perfectly. Here is a pic of mine that maybe shows a different angle. My only concern is on the right side of mine im noticing some discoloration in recent months.....that im not sure what to do about. I don't know if it is from heat from my exhaust or what. Just a "duller" color of black than it was new. I am still very happy with the bumper.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Chapter President

That bumper looks good. I am getting addicted to adding more lights to my truck.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
JP............MRoman described it perfectly. Here is a pic of mine that maybe shows a different angle. My only concern is on the right side of mine im noticing some discoloration in recent months.....that im not sure what to do about. I don't know if it is from heat from my exhaust or what. Just a "duller" color of black than it was new. I am still very happy with the bumper.

I can see what you mean by the dull section. It almost looks like a vertical section on the right. The end on the right looks shiny but a little ways in from the right and I can see the dull section even in the picture. They do look sturdy.

Are they easy to step in/out of the bed?

Thanks, Jeff
Old 12-24-2007, 09:36 AM

I have the same bumper less the backup lights. Evidently you can't have the same pic on two threads. Someone let me know if I am wrong.

Quick Reply: Got my Frontier Gear Diamondback on