3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Got my Edge Juice... wheres the juevos and the smoke?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8mpg, I have been testing the j/a for 06 and the biggest difference ive found is , level 5 w/ low boost on 5, and my defuel for slip ( in the tranny setup mode) off. Lots of throttle responce frombottom to top. I raced a built focus zx3? on the freeway from about 75mph with those settings, needless to say, I blew his coffee can off his exhaust. First CTD and love everything about it
Old 05-11-2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by grey ghost
8mpg, I have been testing the j/a for 06 and the biggest difference ive found is , level 5 w/ low boost on 5, and my defuel for slip ( in the tranny setup mode) off. Lots of throttle responce frombottom to top. I raced a built focus zx3? on the freeway from about 75mph with those settings, needless to say, I blew his coffee can off his exhaust. First CTD and love everything about it
ill turn off the defuel and see what happens.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:29 PM

My Juice will belch some pretty heavy clouds on level 5/5, especially while towing. Right now I'm running level 4 for just driving around and it works well. I was running 3/3 and it smoked a little. I need to get rid of my BHAF and get something better though. I think it is definately restricting my intake.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4not
My Juice will belch some pretty heavy clouds on level 5/5, especially while towing. Right now I'm running level 4 for just driving around and it works well. I was running 3/3 and it smoked a little. I need to get rid of my BHAF and get something better though. I think it is definately restricting my intake.
See..i dont get it. My stock truck will smoke just a tad at full throttle..the level 5 does about twice as much but its still not much. Im used to bullydog extreme smoke.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by 8mpg
See..i dont get it. My stock truck will smoke just a tad at full throttle..the level 5 does about twice as much but its still not much. Im used to bullydog extreme smoke.
Call me crazy but I dont think these trucks are identical even though they has the same motors, trans, drivetrain. Why I say that is this - Everyone has so much difference in mileage. I know the way we drive them has some to do with it and mods but there is no way it should be 4 miles per gallon or more when you are on cruise at 2000 RPM and 70 miles per hour. 18 for my buddy and 14 for me. Exact same setups!

So I said that to say this - your truck for some reason is reacting differently to the Juice than mine. I got to much smoke IMO. I am talking thick, black smoke, that just sits in the same spot and doesnt move. I was at a gas station the other day and a friend of mine wanted to see the smoke so I built some boost and launched about 30 feet. Circled around the lot and came back and parked in the same spot and the smoke was still just like - laying there - I couldnt even see through it.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:51 PM

Mine was the same way with Edge. My TripleDog will blow smoke like a coal train. Edge was always a good long puff and that was all. But mine did make good power. From a 70mph kick the Edge was stronger. Other than that I like the TripleDog power better.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Booger
Mine was the same way with Edge. My TripleDog will blow smoke like a coal train. Edge was always a good long puff and that was all. But mine did make good power. From a 70mph kick the Edge was stronger. Other than that I like the TripleDog power better.
I was really thinking of switching...but not after that TDR post.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:00 PM

I was really thinking of switching...but not after that TDR post.

I guess I better go over to TDR and see what is going on. As for switching once you get used to the Edge I am sure it will be fine for you. They both make alot of power. I enjoyed mine when I had it.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Booger
I guess I better go over to TDR and see what is going on. As for switching once you get used to the Edge I am sure it will be fine for you. They both make alot of power. I enjoyed mine when I had it.

I have read a couple posts of people that have had warranty items denied due to downloaders.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:44 PM

Just thought I would throw in my experience with my J/A. I didn't get smoke either and on level 5 I could not put low boost over 2 without getting what felt like a miss in a gas engine. I decided to replace my in line pump with a higher pressure pump and the difference is unbelievable. I no longer have the miss and there is plenty of fuel to get me throgh 5/5 and there is smoke. And on that note, the smoke is nice but that is just "power you can see" as I have seen several times.

So as you can see, my engine has acted different than most here and now it has been improved with the help from a new fuel pump.