3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Got $2500 to spend on engine and trans upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i talked to dave and craig at goerend about a single and i was just looking at 400hp its just to risky with a single since they rely on pressure so much to hold.
i thought a triple would be overkill. thats just not the case you will not have any slippage from the triple disk and no worrys about lock up to harsh. stall on a 900/400 is around 1300/1400 rpm and is awesome. i can roll on the power with converter locked up with the adrenilan turned up and no slip!!! could'nt go past level 3 with the stock T/C!

i debated this for years and am super glad i went with the triple disk. goerend just cant be beat. if your tranny goes out in the future just send the the converter back for a clean up and if you upgrade to a full tranny in the future your not out anything for the converter!!!! call them and ask they are no joke.

they can also make you a single disk and if you want to upgrade to triple later on your not out anything but the trans r/r!!

i tried to cheap out on a bd valve body and it sucks should have gone full goerend just cant say enough.

if you pull trans yourself you will be under 2500$ for a goerend triple and body!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by fzr400
i talked to dave and craig at goerend about a single and i was just looking at 400hp its just to risky with a single since they rely on pressure so much to hold.
i thought a triple would be overkill. thats just not the case you will not have any slippage from the triple disk and no worrys about lock up to harsh. stall on a 900/400 is around 1300/1400 rpm and is awesome. i can roll on the power with converter locked up with the adrenilan turned up and no slip!!! could'nt go past level 3 with the stock T/C!

i debated this for years and am super glad i went with the triple disk. goerend just cant be beat. if your tranny goes out in the future just send the the converter back for a clean up and if you upgrade to a full tranny in the future your not out anything for the converter!!!! call them and ask they are no joke.

they can also make you a single disk and if you want to upgrade to triple later on your not out anything but the trans r/r!!

i tried to cheap out on a bd valve body and it sucks should have gone full goerend just cant say enough.

if you pull trans yourself you will be under 2500$ for a goerend triple and body!
I'm leaning towards goerend also. I was thinking a triple disk TC, VB, and possibly a billet input shaft, I'm gonna call and see what they think. Did you send your trans to them or did you just buy their parts and have a local shop do it?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM

If you have not called Dave, do it. Tell him what you want and what you are going to do with your truck. And he will build what you need.

I spoke with him on the phone several times prior to having his stuff installed. Trust me, he will not attempt to sell you something you will not need.

In my case I tow a trailer with 4 quads elk/turkey hunting every year. Nothing over 8k. My boat is about 5k. I am running a smarty jr and a work horse intake. Dave said all I would ever need in a 3 dics, v/b and several internal parts( front band and a billit anchor)

money well spent..
Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by oleblue
I'm leaning towards goerend also. I was thinking a triple disk TC, VB, and possibly a billet input shaft, I'm gonna call and see what they think. Did you send your trans to them or did you just buy their parts and have a local shop do it?

i installed myself. vb and converter can be done in your drive way no problem.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:26 AM

10 4
Old 03-23-2011, 07:16 AM

Good thread. Once I get my Smarty Jr (feel free to sell me yours Oleblue) I too will look into the vb and tc.