3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Goerend Has Excellent Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goerend Has Excellent Customer Service

Well i recieved my tc, vb and shift enhancer yesterday after ordering them less than a week ago. He also sent me a test gauge (to borrow) to check the line pressure after installing everything, as well as instructions including photos. I have to tell everyone that Dave Goerend has the best customer service i have ever delt w/ in my life.

After recieving the parts i made a long list of questions about the install since i will be doing this myself. I called Dave yesterday and left him a message and sure enough i got a call back at 9pm last night. I told him i had a long list of questions and asked if he had some time. he said sure, thats what hes there for. Well i was on the phone w/ him for over an hour last night and he answered every question in great detail. He left me w/ a great understanding of how these parts will install and function and i am very comfortable doing this myself now. He also left me w/ his home phone# as well as his cell# to call anytime day or night including wknds w/ any questions i might have during the install. I find it amazing that he would offer so much of his personal time to everyone and be so willing to help w/ everything after the sale is final. you just dont find customer service like this nowadays. He goes out of his way to make sure the customer installes his products correctly and they function properly and the customer is happy w/ the products.

When i called Dave for the very first time i told him i was interested in ordering a fully built billet trans and was prepared to pay for it. He asked me what i was going to be doing w/ my truck and told me he would hate to sell me a very expensive trans when all i really needed was a tc, vb, fp, bi, bo and shift enhancer especially since my trans only had 20k on it and it was an 06' which already comes w/ the upgraded clutches and bands. We decided to leave the fp and shafts stock and stay away from boosted launches at the track for now. and this would leave the fp as the weak link to break instead of the input shaft which would do alot of damage. Anyway he spent a half hour on the phone w/ me explaining how the tc worked and answering alot of other questions i had. Then i called back a few days later to order the parts and he spent even more time on the phone w/ me answering even more questions.

Through all these phone conversations Dave never once seemed frustrated w/ me or acted like he wanted to get off the phone. He goes beyond what an everyday company would do just to keep his customers 100% satisfied w/ his parts and service and to help in any way he can. I have never seen customer service like this before so i had to post and let it be known if it wasnt already.

Dave Goerend treated me like family and for that he will always have my bussiness.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

I had the same great experience with Dave. I called and left a message in regards to some shifting problems (2-3 shift) He called me that night a 9:00 and suggested the shift enhancer and a shipped overnight the next day. Great guy IMO
Old 02-07-2008, 11:26 AM

did you have flare between 1-2 shift? i hear the enhanser is really supposed to work great to solve that.

one thing i was suprised to hear is that you arent supposed to leave the truck in tow/haul mode (shuift colum botton) w/ a high pressure VB. Dave said it probably wouldnt hurt anything but it would be VERY firm on the shifts due to the converter staying locked up.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:52 AM

Yes, It cured my 2-3 issue right up. You definetly don't want to leave the tow / haul on when slowing down. It feels like the input shaft is going to get smoked.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:00 PM

Posts like this make me lean towards Dave's products more and more everyday.

Im looking to do a VB/TC very soon and im in a toss up between Goerend or HTS. I'm still trying to weigh out each.

Ghost Ram, how hard was the instalation of the TC? Does Dave still warranty his parts even if the customer installs them?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:02 PM

yes, I understand that Dave will waranty the parts
Old 02-07-2008, 12:35 PM

how much does his tranny cost for a 07 48re 4x4? I think i might need one soon! Or i might just need some parts! My problem is the second gear rpm's seem to be way to high! But everyother gear is fine
Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
Posts like this make me lean towards Dave's products more and more everyday.

Im looking to do a VB/TC very soon and im in a toss up between Goerend or HTS. I'm still trying to weigh out each.

Ghost Ram, how hard was the instalation of the TC? Does Dave still warranty his parts even if the customer installs them?
i will be installing everything tomorrow and report back afterwards. yes the TC has a lifetime warranty no matter who installs it

im hoping to get it all done tomorrow but it will be tough because im working on the ground w/o a lift.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by zack birge
how much does his tranny cost for a 07 48re 4x4? I think i might need one soon! Or i might just need some parts! My problem is the second gear rpm's seem to be way to high! But everyother gear is fine
The prices for his products are on his website. www.goerend.com . His prices are on par with most of the top builders out there.

I will be in St Lucas Wednesday for 2 days getting my 48re rebuilt. Goodbye TC shudder and the mystery shift sequences...