3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Gettin on the dyno Saturday!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Gettin on the dyno Saturday!!

Well fellas, the truck is going on the rollers Saturday morning...couple of questions for ya'll out there that have been running stacked programs on their trucks longer than me and have the experience.

Will I even tell a difference in hp and tq numbers on the dyno from the Puck since it's power range falls in the low end and my truck will be doing a 65-100+mph pull? I am going to try and squeeze a third pull out of him, one stock run, one with the edge and puck turned up and one with JUST the edge...think I'll see any difference?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Banned

Nobody out there runnin the Edge stacked with a pressure box has dyno'ed their trucks and know the results?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm doing the same thing Saturday morning and still haven't made up my mind as to how to run what. I've got the DiabloPredator with about 7 tunes on it. Plus I have the VA3.2 which has 2 power levels. Plus I have an XZT box pressure only. I'm scratchin' my head also.... Too many combinations and I'd like to do 3 or 4 pulls only. Any advice would be nice...
Old 05-10-2007, 08:36 PM

I gained about 20hp with EZ on Level 2 with my HOT Juice/Attitude. On level 3 did not gain anymore.

That was with SPS66 and FASS. Dyno'd 482rwhp I believe. It has been a while back but I do remember when I plugged in the EZ it did help some.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
I gained about 20hp with EZ on Level 2 with my HOT Juice/Attitude. On level 3 did not gain anymore.

That was with SPS66 and FASS. Dyno'd 482rwhp I believe. It has been a while back but I do remember when I plugged in the EZ it did help some.
Ok then...I am just going ***** to the wall then, both boxes turned all the way up. I knew that I wasn't going to get the full 90hp out of the Puck, especially since top end pull isn't it's specialty...we'll see, I guess...what do you all think that I will get with my boxes and stock everything else? I'm pretty stoked!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:04 PM

Well you might want to ease back some on the pressure, might run out of LP fuel pressure and hurt the number. Normally get 3 pulls or so, if you get more than one, I would try the second one with maybe half of the pressure. With stock turbo might get a little hot, so are you turning off all of the Juice/Attitude defueling for the pull(s).

I would guess around 450rwhp. I don't know how much to stock turbo or lp will hurt on the dyno.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:51 PM

I have nothing other than turbo small sized, Edge Hot, and Mp-8. My best numbers were with edge on 6 and Mp-8 turned up to approx 70-80%. As my graph shows I peaked at about 22-2300 rpm. My only guess is thats when the Edge started defueling. Both hp and tq dropped off sharply at 2300revs. June will go on again at Indy with water/meth this time. Hope to be above 500hp with water.
My guess is your Edge will defuel a little when pressure is added. With your Edge on Hot mode it will defuel sooner maybe having a steep peak early in rpm range and then thats it. Thats my .02
Old 05-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Banned

Yeah, all alerts and defueling will be turned off for just the dyno runs, then turned back on when I am finished. I will see if I can talk them into getting me a 1 hour tuning session so that I can see which settings provide the best results...I guess that a stock run really isn't that important though, I just wanted to see where my baseline was at. I'll keep ya'll informed...
Old 05-11-2007, 12:12 AM

My defueling stuff was off also but the Edge still did it. Had John from Floor-It at controls of truck doing his power thing and the graph as well as Edge showed defuel. I can still hit 1500* with Edge on Hot alone on the street with this new turbo. Take a few test runs up and down the road and see what feels best for a good guide line as what to do on dyno.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:13 AM

The question is will the transmission handle it??

Rick
Old 05-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by runamuk

Rick
I drive with sense, Rick. When I am daily driving, I have things turned up, but NEVER beat on it. The reason things are turned up is because I get the best fuel economy for some weird reason that way. I HAVE done a couple 65mph on up runs with things turned up just to get a feel for when my truck will kick down a gear and 65mph is where my truck WON'T kick down...TC is locked for keeps at that point. So if my truck can do it in real life scenarios on the street, I'm sure it can handle a couple dyno runs than back to pampering it. Tranny only has to last me a couple more months, then I deploy, then I get back and buy a full billet. Besides, I don't think my numbers will be as high as TexasCTD's were with his Smarty...and his tranny held a couple dyno runs.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by runamuk

Rick
It should handle it. I drove my turck like a fool that stole it quite a few times for about 12000 miles before any ill effects started showing. In my opinion sometimes she'll go or she'll blow. And it'll be the only time it'l blow next time its stronger.