3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Get the Delete pipe or a whole new exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the Delete pipe or a whole new exhaust?

Since our exhaust is 4" stock, I cant see why I would spend all that money to buy something I already have so the obvious alternative is to get the delete pipe. Also, the most I will be looking to do is intake and chip, so I will not be needing a 5" exhaust. Any feedback would help.... Also, is there any way I can get dual exhaust by somehow keeping something or do I have to get a whole new system? And, If I dont get the delete pipe, should I keep the cat or get the TEST PIPE? TIA
Old 03-05-2006, 10:00 AM

i cut cat and muffler out and it sounds great and loud
Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by texaspower19
i cut cat and muffler out and it sounds great and loud
SO you're saying, save the money and get the delete pipe instead.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:39 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have the delete pipe and left the cat on, has a deep throaty sound. A guy I work with took cat and muffler and I dont think it sound as good, way too loud. Just my .02
Old 03-05-2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ftltmp
I have the delete pipe and left the cat on, has a deep throaty sound. A guy I work with took cat and muffler and I dont think it sound as good, way too loud. Just my .02
When you say too loud, meaing raspy or SEMI-TRUCK loud? Did you put a 5" tip or left it stock? Any pics or vids would be nice so I can get an idea. Thanks
Old 03-05-2006, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
When you say too loud, meaing raspy or SEMI-TRUCK loud? Did you put a 5" tip or left it stock? Any pics or vids would be nice so I can get an idea. Thanks
I mean annoying loud, I can,t say for in the cab sound because I have not rode in it. I had an 01 that I took everything off of and after awhile it got annoying hearing it. Thats one reason I left my cat on , it has a very deep tone and is not overly loud, I got the delete pipe from genos.As far as a chrome tip I got mine where I work, I work for a major truck manifacturing plant and we have alot of scrap parts so I found a piece of 6" chrome stack and made my own. There is a picture in my gallery.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:06 PM

This is what I found off EBAY EBAY LINK

and from the same seller, I found a 5" tip: EBAY LINK

Total of $97.00 for both the tip and the delete pipe, good buy?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:30 PM

You cant beat that, I paid that for just the pipe.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:09 PM

I bought the delete pipe from the exact seller on ebay. I like the sound with the cat. I had an 04.5 without the cat and muffler and it is louder. It is not an easy job to take off the muffler witout a torch. I would plan on having a shop do it unless you have one. I am probably just like you...want better sound with a little lower egt...so this is where I started ...with the delete pipe. If it gets too loud I will probably go with the donaldson 41".
Old 03-05-2006, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by dwhite
I bought the delete pipe from the exact seller on ebay. I like the sound with the cat. I had an 04.5 without the cat and muffler and it is louder. It is not an easy job to take off the muffler witout a torch. I would plan on having a shop do it unless you have one. I am probably just like you...want better sound with a little lower egt...so this is where I started ...with the delete pipe. If it gets too loud I will probably go with the donaldson 41".
Sound, lower egt, cheaper alternative and also performance. That muffler steals a tremendous amount of HP (hopefully)
Old 03-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned

I pulled just the cat off mine and I am really not happy with the sound. I have a 5 inch magnaflow sitting in the garage but I was hoping to sell it for other mods instead of exhaust. I think I am just going to remove the muffler and let her rip like that for awhile. I'm young and my last truck (Lightning) had long tube headers, no cats, and a magnaflow catback and it sounded like a funny car with the blower whine and everything.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
This is what I found off EBAY EBAY LINK

and from the same seller, I found a 5" tip: EBAY LINK

Total of $97.00 for both the tip and the delete pipe, good buy?
I just bought that delete pipe...can't wait to get it put on!!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:26 PM

I pulled my cat because of living here in the thin air. Whenever I would screw in any box, the truck would run "Lumpy". Couldn't stand it, so I installed a "Test Pipe" back to the stock muffler, but not til I looked inside it. It looked very restrictive, making me want something better, so I did not tighten the clamps to the max, as I was pretty sure I would be wanting to slide it out again from the "Test Pipe". In this condition, whenever I got on it hard, I would blow the muffler out of the pipe. This got old, so I stepped up to a short Aeroturbine. Much better in every way, and id I was to change anything, I might have gone the LONG aeroturbine, but really have no complaints.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
straight pipe - no cat (OEM) on a 04.

that's 3.5 from turbo back to 4 inch muff pipe,and 4 inch OEM over axle, and a little cheap tip. (the straight muff delete pipe puts the end of the OEM exhaust under the bed side and it resonates)

http://04ctd.zippyvideos.com/
Old 03-05-2006, 09:02 PM

***.....Someone (probably on here) Just clicked the BUY IT NOW and there goes my Muffler delete pipe

Quick Reply: Get the Delete pipe or a whole new exhaust?