3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Geno's MDP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Geno's MDP?

This is my first Dodge CTD after having owned 5 Ford Powerstokes in the past. I am considering removing the muffler (leaving the Cat in place....for now) and installing a muffler delete pipe from Geno's. That would solve the off-set issue with the stock exhaust without having to do any other modifications to the exhaust. I am somewhat concerned about the increased "noise" level this may create in the cab. I am hoping that by leaving the Cat in place it may offer some reduction in dBA's over a complete staight-piped system. I have looked at complete exhaust systems, but I don't plan on making major fueling modifications to this truck so the stock 4" system should be sufficient (with some minor modifications).

I also looked at the MPC Eliminator Pipe. This pipe eliminates the factory plastic pipe that has silencer-type vanes incorporated in its design. On my previous Ford I had to install the TAG device to take care of "turbo stall" and I wasn't sure if the silencer-type vanes on the stock set-up served the same purpose.

Any input for this new CTD owner would be appreciated!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:02 AM

I run the Geno's MEP and love it. Others have said you can adjust the factory clamps and get a unbent pipe to work. The Geno's worked great, looks professional and sounds good. I think it could be a bit louder but the cat does take off some noise. One day my cat may loose it's insides

I think it hurt my MPGs because I fuel it more just to hear it

Would like to hear some opinions on the TAG if anyone has one?
Old 10-19-2004, 07:08 AM

FarmBoss,

Check the classifieds, I recall seeinf a new Geno's 4" MEP for sale.