3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Gauge shopping...HELP !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Gauge shopping...HELP !!

Dipricol, Isspro, 2 Pillar mount, cluster mount, white face, black face red face I'm getting.

Seriously, I am looking between the Isspro and the Dipricols. Does Isspro have a Fuel pressure guage ? Besides the guages and the pillar pod, what else do I need ? I am assuming the thermocoupler is sold seperate, but what about the FP guage and the boost ?
If they need parts bought too, WHY ? Is there anybody that sells the guages WITH the parts you need ?
I am looking at the 3 gauge pillar pods, are there bettter and worse ones, or are they all the same ?
Thanks for any help AND any links.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:36 PM

I got the dipricol white faced gauges with red and green lights...they match the stock color and they look good in the triple A-pillar I got...dipricol was the cheapest and I got free shiping
Old 03-27-2005, 10:45 PM

I've got the Autometer Z-series. They pretty much came comlete. I just had to buy a diiferent banjo bolt for the Vp-44 to install the Fuel Pressure Gauge. I got pic's in my gallery.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:31 AM

Can't answer your question about the different pillar mounts. But, John at DPS puts together kits for FP gauge install. It makes the job much, much simpler than trying to go out and find all the things you'll need. It's $100 for the kit and well worth the extra time and money you'll spend. When I did mine, I also ordered the boost gauge manifold fitting from him. It's made by PDR. It's a hollow bolt that replaces one of the bolts in your intake manifold. It's also a big time and trouble saver. Also, most dealers sell a universal boost gauge installation kit with all the fittings and tubing you'll need. I also recommend the universal 3 gauge wiring kit made by Di-Pricol.

I've seen pictures of the new Isspro gauges and still think the Pricols are a better match to our factory gauges except for the pyro. I've heard the Isspros have better lighting though. I went with the Di-Pricols (pics in gallery) and the only time they're hard to read is around dusk or dark overcast days when I have the lights on.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:00 PM

What's wrong with the Isspro pyro ??
I just ordered one, but it is on backorder. I'm gonna have to look that up again.
I still don't see any FP gauges from them.