3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Gauge Pillars

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge Pillars

I've been looking for gauge pod for my 2004.5. Has anyone seen the 3 gauge pillar, it looks like it may create a blind spot and they only come in black. I also looked at the mount that fills in the area just under the air/ heat controls. Any recomendations out there, I think I'm going with the autometer gauges. Boost, trans temp and pyro.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the autotmeter gauges are a good choice and those are the ones I got too! I got mine from Summit and they were pretty cheap. The only thing I don't like about the mount under the HVAC is that you have to look so far away from the road to see them. At least with the pillar mount you're still looking forward at the road kinda. I havn't been in a truck with a three gauge pillar so I don't know if there's much of a blind spot or not.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:22 PM

I just got my three gauge a-pillar gauges mounted this weekend. They stick further in towards the passenger side than what I had on my a-pillar mounted gauges on my 1999. Not bad though really.

Got my pillar mount from Geno's, came matched to my interior which is the lighter cream color or whatever it's called.

Matt
Old 09-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Banned

Gauge A Pods

DodgeRulzes,

We have a mount that "REPLACES" the factory A pillar, they are made from the same material from the same supplier as the factory Dodge mount, so the color and grain is a great match. They have the gauges set deeper in the mount than the "overlay" A pillar mounts because ours doesn't have the factory A pillar behind it. This gets you a better vision out the windshield. Plus you won't have to cut up your handel to fit the mount, remove the factory one and install ours and the factory one is still brand new.

Mark @ DPPI

Click here for pics:

mark@dppi...3pod questions
Old 09-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Chapter President

Mark,
I could not get your link to work, I too am interested in this exact set up for my 04. I would be real interested in some close ups of the grain...Ones I've seen do not match real close to the color or grain.
Any help is appreciated!!!!
Tfeore
Old 09-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Banned

Pics of grain

Tfeore,

The link was refused by the site because we had posted the same pic before on the site and they don't want to tie up too much band width site wise etc. You can go to our site and see a pic of it at www.dieselperformanceparts.com

Mark @ DPPI