3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

fuel tank vent mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel tank vent mod

can any one give me any info on this for my 06 ctd.

thanks
brad
Old 04-26-2006, 11:38 AM

http://www.cumminsdatabase.com/marke...=listing&id=53

I'm starting to get sick of dribbling fuel in for 15 minutes myself...

Tony
Old 04-26-2006, 12:09 PM

yea it drives me nuts.

thanks
Old 04-26-2006, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely do it...one of the best mods I've done...it makes a huge difference in fill-up times
Old 04-26-2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by njmaier
Definitely do it...one of the best mods I've done...it makes a huge difference in fill-up times
Any problems w/ leaking or anything like that?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by TPilaske
Any problems w/ leaking or anything like that?
None whatsoever in my case. I always fill until I can see it in the top of the filler neck. My truck is always outside in the summer heat with fuel in the neck, and I have never had a drop leak out.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:50 PM

yea think im gonna get it ordered. Are you guys running oil bypass filters if so what kind and where did you get it from?
Old 04-26-2006, 01:06 PM

Be sure to drain your tank as much as you can before you wrangle with dropping it out of the truck. I drove mine 55 miles past the point that the fuel gauge was burried on E, light was on, and the computer told me that I had 0 miles until empty. I dropped the tank and still had 2.5 inches of fuel left. It might be hard for you to drive that far beyond "empty", but trust me, there is enough fuel left in the tank. A friend drove his 75 miles past empty and still had some fuel left in his tank too...not as much as I did though.

I believe Amsoil makes an oil filter bypass. I don't have a link to one but I'm sure someone will chime in with one.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:43 PM

alright which vent kit did you use?

I know a guy running the amsoil kit and so far he is happy with it im wanting to see what guys say about the pros and cons of the Frantz and amsoil kits.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Brad02ctd
alright which vent kit did you use?

I know a guy running the amsoil kit and so far he is happy with it im wanting to see what guys say about the pros and cons of the Frantz and amsoil kits.
I got mine from Spooled-Up over on TDR (http://www.turbodieselregister.com/c...uery=retrieval )
Old 04-26-2006, 04:25 PM

I know im behind the times, been meanin to ask for a while.. this tank vent thing, my tank/ filler neck is stock, it has that little hole in the neck about 3 inches down on the left side. in order to fill to the top, i need to use a 5 gallon fuel can to top it off. makes it a pain to figure MPG. isnt that little hole in the filler neck supposed to help with the foaming? and the tank has to be dropped to install the vent mod?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by triplenickle
I know im behind the times, been meanin to ask for a while.. this tank vent thing, my tank/ filler neck is stock, it has that little hole in the neck about 3 inches down on the left side. in order to fill to the top, i need to use a 5 gallon fuel can to top it off. makes it a pain to figure MPG. isnt that little hole in the filler neck supposed to help with the foaming? and the tank has to be dropped to install the vent mod?
Tank has to come out or the bed has to come off...one or the other.

The kit will cap off the existing vent hose and have you drill a hole in the highest part of the tank to locate the new vent. The end of the new vent hose will attach to where you disconnected the old vent hose from the filler neck.

It will help a little with the foaming. It's an easy mod...just takes a little time and patience. The hardest part was disconnecting the fuel lines from the sending unit in the tank. What a PITA!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the input. So by installing the new vent in the highest part of the tank, tells me that DC installed the vent hose not at the highest point in the tank. Fabulous.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by triplenickle
Thanks for the input. So by installing the new vent in the highest part of the tank, tells me that DC installed the vent hose not at the highest point in the tank. Fabulous.
True...they didn't. I think they put it where they did so that most people would leave room for fuel expansion (most people I see just fill until the pump clicks off...not most of us though. Just a guess.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:39 PM

if you have the man power...is it easier to pull the bed?

Quick Reply: fuel tank vent mod