3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

fuel pressure gauge and aftermarket LP for 2005, head hurts from search

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel pressure gauge and aftermarket LP for 2005, head hurts from search

Hey guys.

Been searching for the last 3h on what fuel system mods to go with. Must say my head hurts and i am more confused. So many ppl. arguing back and fourth.

I've come to the conclusion that I should install a fuel pressure gauge FIRST and see what my truck is doing before I change anything.

What parts will I need, besides a mounting cup and actual gauge, to tie into my fuel system to see what's going on. Where do I tie into it? Any online instructions?

Second, my truck is a work truck. I NEED reliability over anything. I want to be able to maximize power out of my mods in sig. I DO NOT want the truck to start running weird, start sucking air in, etc. I want current reliability (50k miles now and no cummins issues at all). It will see towing and very cold weather operation.

Is the GDP system for me? I read of so many problems with air and hard starts, etc. I was under the impression that this system still uses the stock LP, but adds more fuel via a second line. Is this true, or, do you disable the stock system and use the second line and walbro? In the event of walbro failure or whatever, how do you enable the stock system again?

This is very important as my truck spends a LOT of time off road and on logging roads far from phone reception or pavement.

After the gauge/LP mod, would i benefit from modding my CP3?

I don't use the MP-8 much at all, I find the Edge makes much smoother power. I'm not sure if this is due to lack of fuel or what? I notice with edge on higher levels and MP-8 on maybe 20% truck loves it, but not always, and any higher it just sounds weird and makes no more power.

Sorry for yet another thread, but I just could not search anymore.

Anyone in a similar boat to me on their 05, what did you do?

Thanks a lot.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
am probably going with the air dog system for my '05. very reliable and kit comes complete with pump and filtration system (3 micron filter) and they also have an upgrade that has an in cab light that goes on when pressure drops below a certain point to let you know to change filter. diesel performance products has the air dog for $599 complete and delivered- ask for mary.