3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

fuel boss from GDP mechanical

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD
I know people running this set up, but why would you buy it if they ddont advertise price:

Or provide any information:

Not trying to start anything, but dang, if you want to sell it, SELL IT. Dont make me hunt it down....
Because it's a great system. Opie is primarily concerned with building the BEST parts available. He is not a "salesman". His contact information is listed, and he is usually easy to get ahold of.

Chris
Old 09-02-2007, 08:05 AM

so why cant you run these kits with a Fluid Damper?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krazykiller
the GDP BOSS pump mounts to the oil pan bolts(I think) then the pulley mounts to the factory damper..I think the Fluid damper is bigger then the factory one so it wont fit..because the belts wont line up....
I wish someone would build a boss for the CTD that mounts on top by the cp3...I think PPE makes a boss pump for the dmax's like this!!
hey all you fuel system company's.... hint hint
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM

where can a guy buy a Boss/MITUSA pump..just the pump???
I think I may try and fab a pump mount for the pump to mount up top...like the PPE d-max setup.
I called and talked to Richard at GDP and he said they may try and make something like this but have not yet

the only problem is when you piece a homemade fuel system together it seems like it ends up costing more in the the end.....
Old 09-11-2007, 02:01 PM

Save the belt space for dual cp3's and stick with simple proven effective walbro's!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:39 PM

U could with the right brackets run the pump off the second CP3, like on some of the Dmaxs ive seen!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bswope
U could with the right brackets run the pump off the second CP3, like on some of the Dmaxs ive seen!
Hmm, I wonder where those come from.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM

Hey Opie, Can you give us a price on a set up to mount a second stock dodge CP3 with the Mitusa pump all on top. With the CP3.4 there is a large gear pump on the back of the CP3.4 to pull fuel from the fuel system and inject a constant psi into the high pressure pump. Ideas that need Opie quality solutions.

Both Opie and Richard are great to deal with....it is easy to get fired up on who has the website that matches your expectations best or who has the best phone system...Think ahead and longterm and the best solutions are the results. Both these fuel systems are great for the long run. Kerry
Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by krazykiller

If you where to measure the gap between your Fluid harmonic balancer and the fan blade you would see there isn't enough room to allow for fan deflection when a pulley/belt is running between them.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
Hey Opie, Can you give us a price on a set up to mount a second stock dodge CP3 with the Mitusa pump all on top. With the CP3.4 there is a large gear pump on the back of the CP3.4 to pull fuel from the fuel system and inject a constant psi into the high pressure pump. Ideas that need Opie quality solutions.

Both Opie and Richard are great to deal with....it is easy to get fired up on who has the website that matches your expectations best or who has the best phone system...Think ahead and longterm and the best solutions are the results. Both these fuel systems are great for the long run. Kerry
I do not quote prices as I am not a vendor at this site. It is/was easy to make a top mount brackets there is no reason you cant make one or have one made locally if that is what you want.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
the GDP BOSS pump mounts to the oil pan bolts(I think) then the pulley mounts to the factory damper..I think the Fluid damper is bigger then the factory one so it wont fit..because the belts wont line up....
I wish someone would build a boss for the CTD that mounts on top by the cp3...I think PPE makes a boss pump for the dmax's like this!!
hey all you fuel system company's.... hint hint
Are you reffering to the one on Nasty Girls truck?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by OPIE
Are you reffering to the one on Nasty Girls truck?
I guess???? I honestly don't remember where I saw the pic. I would just like to see one mounted up top somewhere, but then again how could you make it so that it mounts to a single CP3 set-up or a dual cp3???
I was going to try and build my own but I am pretty sure it will cost more then if I just bought a FASS or walbro kit from a vendor I really like the Boss/mitusa pumps but I really want to run a fluid damper more.
what do you think??? can it be done?? need a beta truck??
Old 09-19-2007, 12:29 PM

I guess???? I honestly don't remember where I saw the pic. I would just like to see one mounted up top somewhere, but then again how could you make it so that it mounts to a single CP3 set-up or a dual cp3???
I was going to try and build my own but I am pretty sure it will cost more then if I just bought a FASS or walbro kit from a vendor I really like the Boss/mitusa pumps but I really want to run a fluid damper more.
what do you think??? can it be done?? need a beta truck??
I think I must be old school, too many people bow out of easy projects like these for the ease of exsisting aka "kits". It has already been done and it has been done by a few different people. "JUST DO IT!"
Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by OPIE
I think I must be old school, too many people bow out of easy projects like these for the ease of exsisting aka "kits". It has already been done and it has been done by a few different people. "JUST DO IT!"
I'm old school too, I really love building my own stuff...but I dont want it to be the classic saying..."why buy it for $50 when I can build it for $100"
got any Links to a homebrew Mitusa pump on the top of the CTD engine without a dual CP3??? I would love to see what others have done
Thanks
Old 09-20-2007, 09:53 AM

I'm old school too, I really love building my own stuff...but I dont want it to be the classic saying..."why buy it for $50 when I can build it for $100"
got any Links to a homebrew Mitusa pump on the top of the CTD engine without a dual CP3??? I would love to see what others have done
Thanks
The first answer would be it is worth the $50 to have it now and built the way I want it.

No I don't have any links, but the one on the 1K hp Duramax being used with the PPE kit mentioned earlier was made by Nathan IDAHOCTD. CAPP made one for his twin CP3, I have made a couple but don't have any in stock.