3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

FOX 2.0 shock stabilizer .....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well doods I got it. Thanks for the suggestions. It took a small breaker bar up against the frame to do it. Once I got it moved though, I was able to hold it in place retracted.

I have a Mag Hytec pumpkin cover which is kinda in the way if I were to extend the shock all the way. This may be because I also have Don's HD linkage which comes real ! close itself.

I'm sure you guys know this and I might not be using the correct term here but, stabilizers are a static shock to where it has no rebound. The more the pressure, the more solid ( tightly ) it turns in either direction. A true stabilizer shock wouldn't cause the steering to push either way.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gotspeed?
can you get the schraider valve kits for them to use a little hand pump on? on the toys with these air shocks they are shipped with nitrogen, but if you let them down on the trail and want to stiffen them back up as conditions change you cant. so they came out with a valve stem kit and you can use air.
The shock does have a schrader valve on it. I hear what you're saying but, Nitrogen acts differently then air so I didn't want to lose what's in there. If I have to one day... air will work like you say :-)
Old 03-22-2008, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by tritont

I'm sure you guys know this and I might not be using the correct term here but, stabilizers are a static shock to where it has no rebound. The more the pressure, the more solid ( tightly ) it turns in either direction. A true stabilizer shock wouldn't cause the steering to push either way.
because the stab shock is gas pressurized, if you're not running a dual set-up, you can get drifting, which you can minimize by adjusting the pressure. that's why you can't run a single bilstein 5100 as a stab shock- gas pressurized, with no adjustment. there is a way to run them in a dual set-up though.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tritont
That is what I was getting at on my above post about the nitrogen pressure. In the IFP Shock setup S/S.

Most 3/4 ton Dodge trucks w/ bigger tread (especially agressive tread) has the tendency to pull right w/ the crown in the road.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer

Recently installed a single Bilstein 5100 stab. The result, as many have commented is that now I drift to the left. Is there a way to release some nitrogen from the stab on the 5100?