3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Flux Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Flux Dyno Results

After a week and a half of playing with them on the street I finally had a chance to get on the dyno to get some runs with Don M's flux injectors. I had previously been running a TST/EZ combo with stock sticks and have a larger set of Scheid twins to fan the flames. The air out here on the east coast during the winter and spring is pretty good, so my previous dyno runs all had negative correction factors (as high as .95!), but nonetheless the best I had before was 543 corrected/556 uncorrected on #2 only and 568 corrected/583 uncorrected on a small shot of nitrous. All my best previous runs were with the EZ set to the injector killing level 4 and the TST tuned in accordingly. Now that it's summer time the air is nice and sticky... the conditions today were 91 degrees, 40% humidity, and about 30.1 on the baro. All that made for a nice 1.000 CF on the dynojet computer

Over the last week I've been out on the local "test strips" trying to using the SOTP dyno to find the best settings with the new injectors. Following Don's recommendations, I'm keeping the EZ below level two and adjusting and tuning from there to get a handfull of settings where it seemed to run best. Once on the dyno I started where I thought it felt best without any pressure added and then moved up the pressure box settings as I recorded in my street tests. As I suspected the truck ran best and made the best power with the pressure added. With those settings it laid down a best of 577 hp and 1052 torque with the old agressive TST box. The twins TST box has always been down on peak power, but on level 1 EZ it laid down 570 hp and 998 torque. Any higher settings with the twin flash box sapped peak power. Once the 577 number had been ruled the best #2 of the hour, I lit off one more run with a small shot of N20 to see if I could hit the elusive 600 mark. After I got these injectors back Don told me he had experimented a little and that my set was a little larger than normal to give more midrange and help the nitrous number. He was right about them liking the spray... it jumped up tp 615 hp and 1119 lb-ft TQ with just a small .052 jet! On that run the hp climbed over the 500 mark at 2600 rpms and stayed above until 3150 At a glance the injectors added a solid 30 hp across the board, smoothed out the power curve, and made the truck more driveable.

It should be noted that my best runs on #2 and with the nitrous came at the end of an hour of dyno time. The 577 run was probably the 7th or 8th run in a row in the hot room as I only had an hour to try everything. I'm pretty confident that a cool motor on the 1st pass would get over 580. Also, I didn't realize my nitrous bottle was empty until on the way to the dyno... it took forever to build to 1000 psi, and after the run it sagged to 700 pounds. A full bottle and a cooler motor might have netted another 10 hp or so, but, I'll leave that to test at the next dyno day (IRP!).

Thanks to Don for a sweet set of injectors. On the way home the overhead read 24 mpg even at a 65 cruise (I know they can be way off, but with my old setup it was consistently 1mpg high and always read 20-21. ) Time will tell on that, though. Now it's time to get to the strip to see if I can chip away at that time some more!

John
Old 06-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Great post buddy!

I was there at the dyno with my son tonight and must say that the truck definitely is stronger with Don's injectors! As Johnner said, those injectors REALLY liked the "light" spray of NOS
as I could hear the difference in sound from the engine and turbos IMMEDIATELY after that
nitrous came on! The wheel speed was very impressive and the exhaust smoke went from
black to a medium gray initially and then to lighter gray. I have seen some of the "other" CR injectors, i.e. "the 30-40% above stock fueling injectors" and can tell you that Don's Flux Injectors are definitely alot cleaner and seem to make darn good power! I was particularly
surprised to see how the engine had 500+ H.P. from 2600 all the way past 3100 as Johnner
pointed out!

Don, my thanks to you for all the help you gave Johnner on these! They really woke his truck up!

----------
John_P
Old 06-13-2005, 09:43 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not what I wanted for a high number, but it is a gain and in worse conditions!

You guys are more than welcome and I have a few more tricks up my sleeve

Don~
Old 06-14-2005, 05:50 PM

John,
Great job!!! I wish I could have stuck around to see the 600+ run. Now I wonder what it will do on the strip? I know both you and your dad work hard at getting to the levels you both are at and it shows. Keep up the good work and keep passing the little bits of info to me

Again great job.
Thom
Old 06-14-2005, 08:55 PM
DTR Advertiser

Good job Johner, I have been trying to tell you guys for a while they are good sticks. Now we need to get some in your dads 02. I am gonna put the fluxs in dads 04 soon . We are gonna see where we can take his with a single turbo first but I have a set of twins built for his truck at the shop. We should have a good time at the next event we all go to. Did Chris talk to you about doing something in July sometime? Again congrats on the 600+ Tim
Old 06-15-2005, 08:28 AM

6 months in the making for 30hp? banshee your expectations are WAY to low. try premium diesel next time.

$1200/30 hp, almost a divide by zero error on the calculator
Old 06-15-2005, 09:20 AM
DTR Advertiser

You back again Joe? Actually it was 13 months, not 6.

Maybe you could get your crystalfontz project moved ahead faster if you spent more time on it.

Long ago I said something that is still true today. You can not reflash hundreds of sets of injectors like you can a Ramifier or other box. They have to go out right the first time. Trucks will still run without a box, but not without injectors.

Don~
Old 06-15-2005, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by joeservo
6 months in the making for 30hp? banshee your expectations are WAY to low. try premium diesel next time.

$1200/30 hp, almost a divide by zero error on the calculator
I got a **** load more than 30hp out of my flux injectors, these things are incredible so I do not know what your smoking, but it must be good....
Old 06-15-2005, 10:47 AM
DTR Advertiser

Mike,

joeservo works for another vendor. Just about every vendor at one time or another has had to put up with his antics. Everyone is used to it now though. Like a public defender, he particpates in most of the Flux injector threads

Don~
Old 06-15-2005, 11:18 AM

Hey Don, how's the 600 injectors coming along, I'm starting to get the itch????
Old 06-15-2005, 03:11 PM

Thom,

Thanks! I know you had to get running, but you only missed the big numbers by a few minutes. I'll keep trying for that 600 on fuel and then we'll get yours there

Tim,

I had no doubts they would fit the bill I need to try a few more things, but maybe (maybe not tho ) one day I'll catch ya! I haven't talked to Chris about anything next month, but maybe dad has. I'm sure we'll be up for something in the area, though.

Joe,

Hey, no one ever said making 600 was easy. First of all, they weren't $1200. Second, 30 peak hp and the gains seen "under the curve" are two different things. There's more to a peak number, but I'm sure you know that. Also, what does your truck put out? Care to line 'em up?

John
Old 06-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
joeservo:

Jumped on this thread to start some trouble huh???? You can go back up and read my earlier
post on Don's "competition" with their claims of "30-40% over stock CR fueling" It doesn't add
up, because I have beaten two 2004 Dodge CTD CR's, equipped with those "30-40% over stock fueling" CR injectors with my lowly old 2002 Dodge CTD with extrude honed injectors and a small PDR HX-40 and I went by both of them very easily! Why don't you "put your money where your mouth is" and take "banshee" up on his offer to race your truck???
That way we can see who has the best injectors and set-up to go with it. We will be at Indy
so we could do it there. Heck, I'll even race your CR Dodge with my 2002!

IMO, Don has done a great job with his injectors whether you think so or not! Hope to see
and race you at Indy.

----------
John_P
Old 06-15-2005, 09:18 PM

sure, 2wd vs 4wd will be great competition.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:33 PM

joe,,your truck runs like a 14.05 doesnt it??keep talkin`,,
Old 06-16-2005, 05:39 AM

Ok, Joe, I'll even run my truck in 2WD so you won't cry... how about that? Or, we could always get on David's dynojet and run them back to back. Either way is fine by me. Just don't be scared of the puny little EDMs that don't work

Quick Reply: Flux Dyno Results