3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

flux 2 injectors driveability & performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How would I check to see if my exhaust valve is opening to soon. I would love to find out a problem. From everything that I hear and what other people are doing I don't think I have a injector problem.

Also I just want to say that it is awesome that the guy that builds these injectors is on here making sure people are happy with his products!! Thanks to Don!!!

Thank you,
Snoxracer
Old 05-01-2007, 01:34 PM

Don I am running oem stock tire & wheels 265s/17 , Auto Trans built by HTS with HTS valve body suncoast 91% converter and all the good billet stuff pushing stock 373:1 gears, with stock head ,cam & springs. I love the performance of these flux injectors absolutely smooth as glass, power and idle smoothness etc is all good! the problem is just a steady stream of smoke at anything over idle progressivly gets worse with adding throttle , and the weird thing is the smoke is pretty consistant with programming on or off now mind you with pressure and bd scary larry and tst all on i would expect lots of black smoke but with programming off on a smaller injector like a flux2.1 I would think very minimal smoke ...... maybe something else is going on I would love to try anything as I love the performance but the constant chug of smoke would be cool to greatly reduce at least with programming turned off at the minimum ? FYI the air cleaner element is new and perfectly clean....
Old 05-01-2007, 01:45 PM

What are the boost numbers and is that filter an oiled or dry filter? ks
Old 05-01-2007, 01:55 PM

afe dry filter & the boost set at 45lbs for a margin of safety. Turbo is HTT stainless pro street 66/71/16.
Thanks Don M. and abc4yew for any help trying to get this one figured out ?
Definatly shows some class and good cust service on Don Ms part for his response in willing to help out !
Old 05-01-2007, 04:25 PM

why do yall keep refering to 2.1's or 2.2's etc...? i thought there are flux1, flux2, flux3, and flux4's...
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 PM

Great turbo...but you will always have a light haze of smoke as that turbo will be moving a big volume of air at a low pressure most of the time....a 16cm housing is great for top end power but slow for spooling around towing or in stop and go traffic....your cruise boost is probably like 4psi at 70mph. With my twins and Flux 3's I could keep the smoke down but it is work and no fun...at traffic lights I could smoke out a green peace convention. Once the truck warms up it seems like the smoke is much less. To keep the smoke down you will have to keep the revs up which is ok around town. Maybe DRTree can sell you on a air box fan. What is the timing on the TST set to? Is it the regular or twins program....you should be running the regular. Turn the torque enhancement on the TST to 0 and run the power only. Set the BD to towing or less...You should be able to find a setting that will keep the smoke lower. ks
Old 05-01-2007, 08:46 PM

My smoke issue is with no programming dialed in at all !!
the only differance in my truck is the injectors , this turbo with stock injectors had minimal cruising smoke with no programming dialed in , installed the injectors and I am driving a coal smoke train come close to stepping out of truck on side of road and in a parking lot and brawling with some guy yelling and screaming about I am smoking him out. believe me it is enough to start a fight over if ya dont love soot like we love soot heck my neighbor has a duramax with efi live program and he flipped me off started whining about how he can do that too the only problem is I did not even try had a good mind to dial up my programming and stop in front of his open garage put er in 4x4 stage to about the tune of 20-25lbs of boost and show him what smoke is.... I just would like to be able to cruise without getting people in a rage cause my truck just smokes so bad off idle on up. any other ideas ?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:00 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by desertchecker
My smoke issue is with no programming dialed in at all !!
the only differance in my truck is the injectors , this turbo with stock injectors had minimal cruising smoke with no programming dialed in , installed the injectors and I am driving a coal smoke train come close to stepping out of truck on side of road and in a parking lot and brawling with some guy yelling and screaming about I am smoking him out. believe me it is enough to start a fight over if ya dont love soot like we love soot heck my neighbor has a duramax with efi live program and he flipped me off started whining about how he can do that too the only problem is I did not even try had a good mind to dial up my programming and stop in front of his open garage put er in 4x4 stage to about the tune of 20-25lbs of boost and show him what smoke is.... I just would like to be able to cruise without getting people in a rage cause my truck just smokes so bad off idle on up. any other ideas ?

I know it will be a pain in the tail, but I would like you to send the injectors back to me. I will pick up the return shipping if you will get them shipped to me. Same day turn around if I can get them before about 2 PM that day.

I will check them out. It could be I dropped the ball or who knows what.....
Old 05-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Banned

Now thats service Don you just won over my business when i get my new truck in june or so!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:27 AM

Hey, I got my Flux 6's yesterday and they don't smoke at all....they seem like Flux 2's, huh.....just kidding....I couldn't resist. No programming on is no boost fooling, no modified boost tables, no timing, What is the boost like with settings as previously discussed? I'd try a few different settings and keeping track of boost at different rpms and watching the change in smoke. The third largest turbo used on a street truck, dual pumps, and good sized injectors....It will take some time for that setup not to smoke....Heberram had some issues with that turbo with regards to spooling. Hard to have big hp and emissions of a hybrid. I'd just order a custom licence plate "Glblwrmr".ks
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 AM

Flux 6's??? Thats what I need!! Lol!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:48 AM

He's back....long time no hear....truck working and do you have fluxes yet?