3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Flux 1 versus Flux 2 differences?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know what...you should get EH's...

If you can't figure it out...then you would never notice the difference anyways.

Common Rail are all about rail pressure...and EH's are not a good way of maintaining rail pressure.

You know what...maybe you should get Flux 4's or 5's...they cost the same as Flux 1's and are rated at at 400 hp...not that you will ever make that...
because of RAIL PRESSURE.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 PM

Boy, Aren't you wonderful!

I have asked a relatively easy question 3 times. 3 times you have felt it necessary to respond to my post by telling me Flux's are what I need and how great they are. However, You do not answer my questions or give me any useful information and now you are the one upset.

I will try one more time.

I have a 06 with a II SPS turbo 62/14 and a quad race box. I want to buy a Smarty downloader and get some better injectors. I can only afford the injectors right now and the place that did my turbo wants to install DDP's 90 hp sticks for $1,000.00

I want to go with the Flux's but I need to make sure that the gains are at least equal to the DDP's. Am I to understand that a Flux 1 will do only 40hp and a Flux 2 stick @90hp will drain my rail and not work but a DDP 90hp will work?

Why so little HP with the flux's? Are they made to work with pressue boxes only?

I get confused with the statement that they will make 40 more horsepower than the DDP 90hp sticks followed by a statement later that they make 40hp over stock ones. I can't make sense of these 2 statements.
Isn't one statement saying 130hp gain and the other saying a 40hp gain.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:26 PM

I did answer your questions...

1. It is impossible to rate an injector unless you fix the duration, injection pressure, and timing. SO...on a stock truck, a DDP 90 is supposed to do 90 hp and a Flux 1 is supposed to do 40 hp.

Once you change the injection pressure, duration, and timing...it all changes. The DDP 90 will make more hp than the Flux 1 to a point...then it will be impossible to make more with the DDP 90 and the Flu1 will keep making more...because...rail pressure will be impossible to maintain with the DDP 90.

So...my guess is...with the quad race ONLY...and OEM injectors/CP3...it will be really close...maybe a nudge moe with the DDP's. At lower settigns on the quad...the DDP's will make even more than the Flux 1's.

BUT, if you do anything else more...say stack in a Smarty or another duration altering fuel enhancement...you will make more with the Flux 1's.

Flux 1's have made 620 or 640 hp with the TST, BDDL, and a small pressur ebox on a STOCK cp3. That is the highest stock CP3 dyno I have heard of. There are no DDP injected trucks that have made that much power on a stock CP3.

Do I make sense now?

EDM is all about proper spray angle, rail pressure control, mileage, etc...cutting edge.

EH are old school...make the holes bigger...dump more fuel..and see what you get technology.

Both work under certain situations...but EDM IMHO work better in all.

Ask anyone who has had both injectors...

I could make more power on stock injecotrs than jstieger could with a WAY more modded truck and DDP 90's.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:34 PM

Thank you, I now understand.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by drurywoodson
Could you clarify "hardly smoke" and "smoke is not bad at all"? I do want to upgrade my CP3, but not right away, and I'm wondering whether I would enjoy the F2's, or if I should go with the F1's. Right now I keep my EZ on 1 and set my Juice on 4-6 depending on how hot it is and how much smoke I can tolerate. On a good day with temps in the 70's or below, I can put the Juice on 6x1 and the only smoke I get is a brief puff when I floor it until the boost gets up to 5-10 psi. Cruising and heavy boost situations are no smoke at all. This is for a daily driver in Los Angeles county, and I don't want to look like a chronic polluter. I don't tow.
I have the Flux 2's and if you lug the motor at all it will let out some healthy smoke, especially when running low rpm's with no boost and you kick it down a gear. If you are really concerned with smoke go with the F1's.

If low boost smoke is not an issue then I would definitely go with the F2's. Once boost is up no smoke at all with a 62/14 turbo in daylight but a haze can be seen in headlights behind you at night.

I am very happy with the F2's and I'm glad I didn't go any higher or lower.

Hope this helps some,
Angelo
Old 05-21-2007, 06:56 PM

Thanks Angelo. That helps. Sounds like I should probably go with the F1's. I was wondering if my cam would let me get by with the F2's. I just don't want to risk being stuck in a situation where I can't turn my boxes down far enough to make the smoke go away.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:01 PM

How much HP are the Flux 2.6's... I'll be running those with a Stage 2 CP3, Smarty (Hopefully new version with pressure if it ever comes out) if not with a pressure box...., Silver 62, ARPs, AFe Stage IIe... I'm looking for the 650mark.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Megaramasaur
How much HP are the Flux 2.6's... I'll be running those with a Stage 2 CP3, Smarty (Hopefully new version with pressure if it ever comes out) if not with a pressure box...., Silver 62, ARPs, AFe Stage IIe... I'm looking for the 650mark.
I just ordered a set of Flux 2.5's and was told they give 120-125 hp with less smoke than a Flux 2. I would guess 125-130 for the 2.6's.

my question is what is different with the 2.X's that make them smoke less but give more HP?