3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Fleece 4 gauge dash pod

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleece 4 gauge dash pod

Has anyone tried one of these or saw one?

http://www.xtremediesel.com/fleececw4dashpod.aspx

I'm getting ready to start putting some gauges on my truck and i like the way it matches the interior of my 06.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:39 PM

$211 not including the gauges. Ouch.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen these around on the forums. Yeah pretty pricey. Biggest concern I see most people having is "It looks tall, will it obstruct my view". Most if not all who've used it said it doesn't obstruct view and that its nice placement for all gauges since you don't take your eyes off the road. Tall guys and short guys chimed in.

I love the idea of that pod but would love to see it in person on a truck before I'd buy. Especially for the price!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Shorts
I've seen these around on the forums. Yeah pretty pricey. Biggest concern I see most people having is "It looks tall, will it obstruct my view". Most if not all who've used it said it doesn't obstruct view and that its nice placement for all gauges since you don't take your eyes off the road. Tall guys and short guys chimed in.

I love the idea of that pod but would love to see it in person on a truck before I'd buy. Especially for the price!
Glad to here good things about it. I know its way more expensive than pretty much every other pod out there but it matches color, texture, and style of the dash. hopefully someone with one will chime in.

Shorts,
On a side note great write up on the MFS. Did my dads 04 over a month ago and its working great.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Farmboy_92
Glad to here good things about it. I know its way more expensive than pretty much every other pod out there but it matches color, texture, and style of the dash. hopefully someone with one will chime in.

Shorts,
On a side note great write up on the MFS. Did my dads 04 over a month ago and its working great.

Thanks man - glad it helped.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:00 PM

it looks cool... but i wonder how big of a hole you have to make for all the wiring and lines tho
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM

I really like my windshield pod
Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by bigthumper
it looks cool... but i wonder how big of a hole you have to make for all the wiring and lines tho
I'm guessing that depends on the type of gauges you use, and brand. IIRC Isspros you can daisy chain the power source which cuts down on the amount of wires you have to pull through. Then of course there's the feeds for fuel, boots or egt or mechanical gauges.

I think a hole in the dash could be done tastefully, maybe dressed up with an appropriate runner grommet to polish it off. If it's gotta be there might as well make it look nice right?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 PM

I have the 4-gauge pod, I really like it, does not interfere with driving visibility, you don't have to take your eyes off the road, gauges are right there in front of you. I had the 3-gauge pillar pod before it, the 4-guage is a whole let better.

Install was easy, wiring can be put in a small hole under the pod, or can be fed in from the side, some people have just popped up between the dash pieces . .

A fellow over on another forum designed the pod, he sold them for a while, must have sold the mold.

I would do this type of pod again, it really is a nice clean install with great gauge visibility. I installed the ISSPRO gauges, so one wire for each gauge, ground that can daisy chain, light wire that can daisy chain, 18 guage wire is small and not that big of hole if that's how you decide to install the wiring.

CD