3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Fix for common edge turbo timer problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Fix for common edge turbo timer problem

Afternoon, DTR...

Here's a problem that I had with my edge a while back:

I got a new box with the turbo timer, and it would work for a few days, then it would not shut the truck off. I sent it back, and the next one worked for a few days, then the TT would not work at all.

The problem was, with me running an aftermarket fuel pump, there was too much current being pulled across the edge that it would cook a resistor. It took me 4 boxes before I got a tech that knew about this. He told me that he flagged my box for a heavier resistor, and when I got that one back, it worked fine till I got rid of it.

Sooo.... if your edge has a TT on it, and it craps out after a few days, let them know that you are running an aftermarket fuel pump, and ask them to put in the bigger resistor.

HTH...

mad
Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you notice anything else with yours? Mine is acting weird right now. I am calling Edge tomorrow and I know that they will take care of it. They are awesome when it comes down to it.

Mine just started this yesterday. TheTurbo Timer stopped working andit was weird. It was almost like it wouldn't kill power to the ignition circuit. When I tried locking my doors on the key fob The lights wouldn't flash and the horn wouldn't sound. Also, My headlights and parking lamps would illuminate after a couple of minutes all ny themselves. I was under the hood trying to figure stuff out, and when i disconnected the power wires to the attitude, the headlights shut off. It is weird.

I tried leaving the attitude unplugged, but that threw codes. I will post back after I get mine fixed. I was just wondering if anyone else had a weird glitch like this.