3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

First Mod. Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The guage is a bd x-monitor and I am really happy with it. It will monitor boost,egts, trans temp, oil temp, and back pressure for the exhaust brake. I had it installed at a shop but they had never done one before and it took them quite awhile to get it working right. Lots of phone calls to bd. they had issues as it was one of the first to be installed on a 2004.5 truck.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:45 PM

dgm,

your signature says "A11-4-Speed-Auto" Am I missing something? I've never seen a designation for a dodge Auto Tranny like that.

Can you explain?

Also FYI - the #'s after the axle designations in your sig don't mean the same thing. Both the front axles are made by AAM (American Axle Manufacturing) The front axle has a 9.75" ring gear diameter, hence the 9.75 on the sticker, the rear axle has an 11.5" ring gear diameter. BOTH axles have a 3.73:1 gear ratio, hence the 3.73 printed on the sticker.

I only post this because it confused me when I first saw it.

Welcome!

Eric
Old 03-10-2005, 05:30 PM

I'm in the same boat. I just got the Edge Juce w/Attitude. It adds power and has all the gauges (except transmission temp) built in. The Attitude comes with an EGT probe.
I think it took about 10 minutes to install, except for the EGT probe. Maybe an hour total time to install. I din't use the stupid A-piller holder, I just added some velco to the bottom edge of the attitude monitor and stuck it ontop the steering column. It only makes looking at the odometer difficult, but otherwise it seems like a nice place for it.
Cost was just under $750.00.
The box works good. No problems at all, and decent power increase.
I think on level 3 it reduced the 1/4 mile times by about 2 seconds quicker than stock (according to the built in performance monitor.)
I have been tying level 1/1 for gas mialage, but I have only had it two days, so I'm not sure if it helps mialage yet. Even in the #1 setting there is a big increase in the midrange. I really notice it when passing cars on the highway.

They have a new unit, the A2, comming out in June or July with GPS Navigation and remote/backup camera. I'm not sure what the price it will be?

I have on order the AFE Stage 2 w/ProGuard 7 filter. It looked like a nice produce, but is really expensive, around $425.00.
I think you can get the same intake with the standard filter for about $50 less?

I have an automatic trans and I would like to upgrade it (converter, valvebody, controller) and add a deep trans pan with temperature sender, but that will have to wait untill I get more money. seems like some of the extra power seems to be wasted in the stock transmission.

The stock exhaust seems pretty quiet. I have not decided what I am going to do to upgrade the exhaust.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:48 PM
dgm

Eric,

I dont know what the A-11 tranny # indicates....I just included it because thats what it says in my glove box. "A11-4-Speed-Auto" ...is exactly what is printed on the sticker in there. It also gives those #'s for my front/rear gears...but I understand your point...I know I have 3.73 gears. Thanks for letting me know that it was confusing though.

-daniel
Old 03-16-2005, 06:22 PM

I just checked my glove box and your right it does say A-11. Your transmission is a 48RE.