3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

First Dyno Run

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking First Dyno Run

Finally went to my first Dyno Run in Monroe,WA. Pretty awesome...some of the trucks were pretty darn powerful! One ran 850+/1500+.....I was quite amazed. I also managed to get my BONE Stock numbers for my truck.

258/479.......I thought Dodge advertized them with 600 Ftlbs of Torque....what happened to the rest of it?
Old 02-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Driveline losses.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Tire Hater

That doesn't sound right at all. My bone stock 05 put down 278whp.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:37 PM

258/479
That's about what my stock dually put down last October. Duallies suffer more driveline losses than SRW trucks.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:10 PM

Something's not right there... I had an intake, removed baffles and silencer ring and put down 275/515. The only difference it appears between us is yours is a DRW.

BTW, how come I didn't know about a dyno day? I was bored all frickin day today.

Oh yea, the 278/521 in my sig was a run that did HP only, I just used several math equations to get the TQ, but the numbers I put above was when they figured both. (Both runs at DDP in Monroe)
Old 02-27-2005, 10:03 PM

Those numbers are fine.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:07 PM

was it a dynojet? if it was a mustang dynamometer the numbers will read lower
Old 02-27-2005, 10:59 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Bubba, Did you catch Scotts numbers at the Dyno Event? He has a 03, Standard Output with a TST , the killer B-2 turbo and set of Flux injectors. He cranked off a 508 HP run. Uncorrected! All the days numbers were run uncorrected on a DynoJet.

That IS the highest SO dyno number I have ever seen with that combo of parts.

It was Level 9/9, BTW!

Don~
Old 02-28-2005, 09:50 AM

It was a Dynojet and it looks like my numbers are about right for a dually. Now, I have a baseline to bomb from. I would like to thank the guys at Dyno-mite Diesel Performance for putting on the show......especially the 800+/1500+ run, that was AWESOME!.

Ghostrider even made an appearance......it is a really nice truck in person...unless he gets it lost in a snowbank!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:16 AM

Cool

Originally posted by cr25ovet
was it a dynojet? if it was a mustang dynamometer the numbers will read lower
DDP in Monroe does use a DynoJet. I got the first one done, then got the flash and heard you can lose HP and after that I went to BD Power Dyno Day and I was lower then what I put the first time (Mustang Dyno)... so I went back to DDP to use the same dyno and saw I had picked up a couple, so I was happy I didn't lose any.

Originally posted by Don M
Hey Bubba, Did you catch Scotts numbers at the Dyno Event? He has a 03, Standard Output with a TST , the killer B-2 turbo and set of Flux injectors. He cranked off a 508 HP run. Uncorrected! All the days numbers were run uncorrected on a DynoJet.

It was Level 9/9, BTW!

Don~
I wasn't at this event... the two times I've had mine done was me just walking in, no Dyno Days there.

It's interesting to see him put that much out on those high levels... most I've seen they start to go down after level 7. But I guess with all his other goodies it compliments it and helps it out.

Originally posted by Weatherbyman
It was a Dynojet and it looks like my numbers are about right for a dually. Now, I have a baseline to bomb from. I would like to thank the guys at Dyno-mite Diesel Performance for putting on the show......especially the 800+/1500+ run, that was AWESOME!.

Ghostrider even made an appearance......it is a really nice truck in person...unless he gets it lost in a snowbank!
Was this through NW Bombers? I hadn't checked their site in a while... guess it's my own **** fault for that one.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by Don M

It was Level 9/9, BTW!

Don~
Level 9/9, Are you sure?
Scott emailed after he ran, and I think he told me on 5:5 - he pulled 417
then run it up to 8:5 (to save the stock clutch he left the torque alone) - He netted 503 hp...

Though I'd point it out because he and I were talking, and if he had an aftermarket clutch and a pusher pump and of course would put the TST to max, I would have to wonder if he had another 30-40 horse still there (with Flux injectors and all)

What do you think don?
Whats the high on a single charger?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:28 PM
DTR Advertiser

Yes, you are right Tommy! The last time I spoke to Scott on the tele he did not have any pressure box. I told him to run on 9/9 so I assumed he still had the same combo. 9/9 gives us the best power with the TST by itself using the Flux injectors. Ading some pressure can change that. I dont know what the best setting is with his pressure stack.

Thanks for clearing that up!! I was surprised in the numbers. 500 plus from a Standard Output 5 speed is rockin'

Yes, Im cetain there is more. BTW, his EGT was lower than his stock injectors. He reported somethig like 100 less in cruise and 200 at WOT! If my memory serves me right!

Don~
Old 02-28-2005, 12:31 PM

Why would a dually have more drivetrain losses? It's the same drivetrain components as a SRW. The only POSSIBLE difference I can see might be that the extra wheel/tire has more weight, so it could affect the readings from inertia. But, I don't see it making 20+ hp difference, and inertial losses pretty much disappear anyway once the vehicle is at a steady speed.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:38 PM
DTR Advertiser

The dual wheels take away anywhere from 20 to 35 HP on a DynoJet. Add a transfer case and it gets worse. We have tested it all on the Dynojet. Its how fast you can spin the roller. The less weight you have to get spinning, the better.

The best truck to have for dynoing is a 2WD, single rear wheeler.

Oh big tall and heavy off road tires make it even worse.

Im stuck with a 4x4, Dually myself.

Don~
Old 02-28-2005, 12:46 PM

My 04 HO 4x4 did only 200 hp stock with 35's and a slightely burnt auto before my big mods. That was a Mustang Dyno in Denver.

Quick Reply: First Dyno Run