3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Finally time to start upgradin the 03

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:18 AM
tcr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty only(4.4) w/ my mods got 439/921. Adding some psi got her to 492/1077. Go w/ the smarty now or you'll regret it and buy it anyway later.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:52 AM

Other Gauges?

You may wish to consider pyrometer and boost gauges. Go with at least a 0-60 psi boost gauge if you are considering an aftermarket turbo in the future. The 0-35 psi unit will max out and damage the gauge movement. Good luck and welcome home to the US.

L8r,.........Dave
Old 01-11-2008, 10:59 AM

Maybe you didnt read my post. You will still have in cab adjustability with a Smarty/MP8 stack. The MP8 will give you an extra and adjustable 50-80rwhp and 200rwtq on top of your smarty.

You will have to add pressure in order to hit your goal and the MP8 stacks great with the Smarty on 03-04.

Yeah at first I was bummed about the smarty not being adjustable on the fly but most smarty owners that are shooting for 450+ are stacking a MP8 or TST which are both adjustable. Most guys find a smarty program that suits them best and then if you need an instant hit of power give it some pressure and feel the difference!!!!

I got tired of the orignal smarty programs so instead of updating I dropped it from #7 to #3 and it helped out alot. #3 had alot better spool and drivability but I lost alot of top end hp....no problem I just add pressure to make up the difference and then some. I have since updated the Smarty with the newest programs for a dyno day last month. I loaded #7 and it drives better the the old #3. It drives so great, ive left it on #7, not to mention the new software is easier on clutches.

Here's what my 03 put down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ741bFWfjc

My next step is a clutch and fuel
Old 02-03-2008, 12:43 PM

Well its been awhile since I started this thread and thought I'd give it a little updating.

I had ordered the kumho tires not paying attention to the fact that they were P285 70 17's as in passenger tires, probably like a C rated tire. I plan on pulling a horsetrailer and maybe getting a 5er to run behind this so it was a no go. I had ordered them from discount tire direct and explained to them what the deal was and they had no problem whatsoever covering the shipping charges on them to be sent back even though it was mostly my fault. I will definitely be dealing with them again in the future because of their great customer service. Anyways I ended up buying a set of Nitto Dune Grapplers, which were more expensive, but they are an E rated tire so I should be good to go on the tires for now.

I've also finally fallen off the fenceline and decided to go with a smarty and some autometer gauges. It looks like the gauges are gonna cost me as much as the smarty though. I'm going with pyro, fuel pressure , and boost. I am still waiting on buying an airdog until I get back to be completely certain my lift pump was never installed in tank. When I'm ready to add more juice I'll pick me up an mp8 after this, only one question, I understand mp8 is pressure only box but what will it do to egt's with a stock turbo?

Agenda for tomorrow...
call DTR store and order smarty
decide which autometers i want, theres so many pretty colors to choose from.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 AM

Fuel pump

Originally Posted by tonyme13
Well its been awhile since I started this thread and thought I'd give it a little updating.

I am still waiting on buying an airdog until I get back to be completely certain my lift pump was never installed in tank.
If you purchased the truck new and have not had any warranty work done on it for the fuel pump then it will be mounted on the backside of the fuel filter located on the driver's side of the engine. The in tank pump were not installed until sometime in 04.5 I believe. Good luck!

L8r,........dogger