3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Finally made it to a dyno day and PPE did me well!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Finally made it to a dyno day and PPE did me well!

Ya Sat. morning i made it over to Denton to the dyno and it was a lot of fun. Lots of really cool trucks, i didnt know anyone of course and was curious if there were any DTR members present. I held top honors all morning tell a nitrous assist Duramax got on the rolllers and put in in second place by 14 hp. With my truck in the sig, she did 501.1 HP / 961.83 Torq. i was proud of that i tell ya, but one guy there said my bald street tires were hazing or spinning really bad on the dyno and should have done better? Dont know about that- but there were a lot of white smoke comming off the tires when the turbo lit, boy it was a cool morning and the trucks were running good. I sure wanted to stay around and see if i won anything but got a call and had to leave, was there anyone there that knows how it ended up? Hope that helps a little show that PPE is a contender, sure theres better, but for a reg. ol every day driving truck 500+ rwhp is sure a lot of fun and get 22 mpg to boot. P.S. Does this make me finally eligable for the HP list?!! Thanks Guys, Ryan
Old 03-17-2008, 01:27 PM
KKB

Those are pretty nice numbers, glad to see you are happy with them.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:51 PM
tcr

Great #s for what you have!! Did you have a base line?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:17 PM

Thanks guys, no base line. They let you have 3 pulls but running us through very quickly to try to get to everyone that day, so they wasnt really allowing tuning changing between runs like i would have wanted. I wouls have done a stock run, then PPE only, then added the ez to have 3 diff. runs to compair. As it edded up i put on the ez in the parking lot and he just went with that. My three runs were levels 1,2,and 3 on the ez. I didnt feel as if he drove mine the same at all as he did the duramax that took 1st place from me either. Boy he rode the brakes hard as he could trying to stall the engine and then whacked the throttle on his prob. really tring to brake my number and he got 2 diff. trys up on the rollers [maybe he paid for 2 though i dont know] but either way he just eased mine up in to 6th and wacked it to 3200 r's this was the other question, ppe runs up to 3700 not just 32 any more was wondering if there could be more because of that? On the chart at 3200 the hp was not falling off yet at all but the torq is a diff. story, it was near dead flat from close idle to 2750 where it started to slowly taper downward by that 3200 it was down to 790ish.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:46 PM

those are real high numbers for what you have.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is great man. Now what sounds really cool is the SB truck w/a 12 valver in it. I want to see that thing when it is done.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:29 PM

Ya , im really excited about this project. The engine is now in it all mounts built and prob. 90% done. Waiting on a special low stall convertor small enough to fit in this Ultra Bell, should be here tue. or wed. and the driveshft. Ive got the cooling system to address still and a couple other small odd and ends. Should get to hear it by this weekend. I would have loved to had it on a trailer this past weekend to show it off and get a pull or two on her also. Thanks Ryan - oh also should expect to see this truck in Diesel Power in the future-
Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stock turbo, 500 HP, WOW!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

I was just gonna say...great numbers for a stock turbo.

How were EGT's?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:18 PM

Thier in check as long as the boost fooler is installed, maybe 1350-1400 max. But take the BF from the mix and i could peg the pyro. I never run w/o it though. So is 500+ not so much heard of on the stock turbo, it seems to do a great job and i have no intention on turning it up any more. Since Sat. ive removed the ez and back to running the tuner only, its great power on the street and fuel milage is also very good. Would have liked to know what it pulled on my tuner alone though. There wasnt a ton of diff. in the three settings, 1/ 485 2/493 3/501. I look forward to attending another dyno event and seeing if the numbers change much or any from machine to machine.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Banned

wow, really wish i could have been there to see that and meet you. I remember you and I were defending PPE HOT in a thread a few weeks back. im usually a regular at dyno events in Texas....but didn't make that one. See ya in BUDA!!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:39 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by durasnack
wow, really wish i could have been there to see that and meet you. I remember you and I were defending PPE HOT in a thread a few weeks back. im usually a regular at dyno events in Texas....but didn't make that one. See ya in BUDA!!!!
Hey as long as you are in Buda, say hi to the Cabelas there... I miss that place... and all the $$$ I left there too...
Old 03-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Where and what is BUDA?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Banned

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...l+texas+diesel

http://www.centraltexasdiesel.com/home.html

its posted in 3 places on DTR and the last link is the club putting it on.

also:
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...l+texas+diesel

Terry....I drove by Cabelas last weekend and had to try hard to stay away
Old 03-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

also....about using the brakes....thats usually used to load the turbo better when you have a large turbo on the dyno. not needed so much with stock turbos, but every little bit helps. Did you see Buck blow his turbo again? or did you leave before that? watch Buck dyno....he knows how to dyno a stick very, very well. You'll think he's about to stall the engine but then the thing comes alive like crazy.

back in my dyno days, i always loaded the turbo to 20 psi before letting it sing to 3700rpms with PPE HOT.

Quick Reply: Finally made it to a dyno day and PPE did me well!