3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Finally changed Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Finally changed Wiper Blades

I don't know what took me so long, a year and a half. My wiper blades have chattered since day one. I tried the bending, rainx, etc and nothing kept them from chattering especially on intermittent settings.

I had seen other posts about replacements and today at an O'Reillys I past a display of Trico Innovision. This is probably the best money spent on mods to the truck todate. I dont know how long they will last, but I don't care. It rains a lot here and have to use intermittent mode a lot. They are absolutely silent, I forgot how silent wipers could be.

Anyone with the wiper blade chartering problem I would recommend these in a heart beat.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i changed mine yesterday. i finally had to break down and put on winter blades!
Old 12-10-2005, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to get some as well....the chattering is driving me crazy.

Old 12-10-2005, 07:23 PM

I just changed mine for the second time. I got the expensive Bosch ones last time. This time I just got the Tricos if I'm going to have to change them every eight months. They seem to work just fine so far...
Old 12-10-2005, 09:29 PM
LCH

Yeah, changed mine right before we had a mini drought here and they sat there and got good and dried out. Now I have hardly used chatters LCH
Old 12-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I just did mine today.
the summer Teflon blades tend to warp on the cold and after this last cold snap, the right blade only contacted the glass on the ends.
I put the Teflon/Steel Premium Winter blades from Canuck Tire on this afternoon.

Scotty
Old 12-11-2005, 12:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny you should mention wiper blades.........because coincidently I just replaced mine today too. During the little ice storm we had mine got packed in and I tore the rubber on one of them trying to free it up. Anyway, I just got mine from the dealer and went back with stock. Maybe next time I will look at some aftermarket ones that are most likely better.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:35 AM

I forgot which ones i bought, but they are lifetime warrenty. Here at pepboys they said when ever i need new ones, just bring them back to any pepboys. Good deal IMO, dont have to worry about sending them off to the factory like others.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:11 PM

I guess Im not the only one with noisy wipers, I have to replace my wipers every month, Ive tried Trico, Bosch, and Anco, none of em work worth a darn. Im open for any suggestions.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:41 PM

I have had good luck with the "top" Anco blades. Forget the name, but they are kinda pricey
Old 12-11-2005, 07:33 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Just replaced mine with Michelin blades. Didn't even know Michelin made wiper blades. So far I am happy with them. US$8.00 each.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I've also had good luck with the Anco Premium blades. The only place that carries the around here is Auto Zone. The premium blades are steel frame, not plastic. The cheaper plastic ones don't hold up. The rubber isn't even as good. I also have found that going to a 22" blade instead of a 24" has helped alot. Less surface area works alot better and I haven't noticed any difference in visibilty.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well mine always worked as far as clearing water from the windshield, but the chattering/binding made driving in light rain very nerve wracking sometimes.

I have never tried the Innovision style of wiper blade before so only time will tell how long they will last. They actually seem pretty flimsy not having the metal structure to hold them in place. But they seem to do the job and are silent on the windshield. They were probably the most expensive wiper blades I have every bought at $12.99 each. If they only work silently for 6 months it will be ok with me, worth it for driving in the rain without the racket.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 PM

I too had the chattering blades. One day in a rain storm I started bending the arms until it stopped. Took a few tries but now they are mostly quiet.
I used two adjustable wrenches and twisted the arm. Interstingly my passenger side wiper has never chattered. I replaced both blades about a year ago and really didn't notice any difference.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:39 PM

I hate wiper blades with a passion. None of them are any good.lol I also hate replacing them. Its just a pain in the rear, any way you look at it. The other morning i went out,a nd was taking off in my truck. I hit the wipers forgetting that it had rained the day before,a nd then froze that night. My drivers side one was stuck, and i had to jump out quick, and pull it up so the wiper motor wouldnt burn up, and i pulled the plastic off the rubber part. I just got the rubber off the windshield wehn i came out from school that day.lol

Eric

Quick Reply: Finally changed Wiper Blades