3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

fass spring install/noise reduction kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
fass spring install/noise reduction kit

received my new spring and the fass kit to reduce the pump noise. the kit came with no directions. can anybody walk me through it??
Old 12-19-2007, 04:58 AM

anybody???
Old 12-19-2007, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM Diesel-Dan...Hes the "FASS Guy". Im sure he will get you taken care of
Old 12-21-2007, 01:09 PM

Its very easy. FASS and HPFP are pretty similar in nature.

We are assuming that there is no wire seal between the bolts. If you have the seal, and if this seal is cut, your wnty is void. Its a wire with a lead seal between 2 bolts.

ON the HPFP and FASS "T" block, you will have 4 bolts that holts the "T" block or HPFP adapter Base to the motor base. Position these bolts in the upward position and remove.

Then grab the 1/4" ware plate and adapter base or "T" block and pull up separating it from the gear base. Flip over and place the HPFP Adapter base or "T" block down on the bench.

The ware plate should be facing up. Remove the ware plate.

You should see a spring, ball, locater pin, and gasket. Remove and replace the gasket. Clean out the ball and spring recess and reinstall the ball and spring (Make sure this is very clean). Replace the o-ring on the gear base and lube gear with some oil. (Make sure no debris gets into the gear base).

Install the new ware plate on the HPFP adapter base or "T" block and reinstall on the gear base. Tighten up bolts to 110 IN/LBS (9.16 Ft/Lbs).

Run pump to see if gear will spin. Reinstall and check for leaks.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:20 PM

nice!!-dan i do have the wire seal between the bolts. when i pm'd you a couple of weeks back about getting a different spring, you told me i should get the noise reduction plate too, for 15.00 bucks. you never mentioned or asked me if i had the wire seal-even after i gave you my serial number,etc off of my pump!!-(which i imagine would tell you if i had the seal.) now what??? sending the pump in, is out of the question!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by rjm022
dan- i do have the wire seal between the bolts. when i pm'd you a couple of weeks back about getting a different spring, you told me i should get the noise reduction plate too, for 15.00 bucks. you never mentioned or asked me if i had the wire seal-even after i gave you my serial number,etc off of my pump!! now what??? sending the pump in. is out of the question!
In the PM i sent you, i gave you a link to here:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...9&postcount=46

This says in the 2nd paragraph:
For those with a seal on your pump (Lead seal and wire between the two horizontal motor bolts on the HPFP base or T-Block assembly of the FASS System. We have record of what pumps have seals and what pumps do not.), you will need to send in your upper half of your pump for the update if it is a FASS. The unit does not need to be removed from the truck to remove the T-Block portion. HPFP's can be sent in as is. We do not want seals to be broken by anyone outside of our shop. If this happens, warranty will be void on that unit. We understand that this is an inconvenience (This is one of the reasons why we adjusted our warranty policy that is discussed later in this post) and this update will not cost anything but the initial shipping to send it to us. We will do what is necessary to make sure your pump is quieter when it is returned.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:40 PM

thanks dan- for the clarification!