3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

FASS pump Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup! I reread my first post and it sounds like I'm saying that the Glacier Diesel kit has problems. I'm going to edit that post right now......
Old 05-19-2006, 06:30 PM

The walbro pump has been around for quite some time as a GASOLINE FUEL PUMP! That's right boys it was never intended to run dirty diesel. Don't think everything is perfect with this pump in a diesel application. Time will tell! I believe if you go walbro run a filter before the pump. Ask about the warranty on the walbro? This is not bashing Glacier Diesel in anyway, just some facts on the pump.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by N.Johnson
The walbro pump has been around for quite some time as a GASOLINE FUEL PUMP! That's right boys it was never intended to run dirty diesel. Don't think everything is perfect with this pump in a diesel application. Time will tell! I believe if you go walbro run a filter before the pump. Ask about the warranty on the walbro? This is not bashing Glacier Diesel in anyway, just some facts on the pump.
Just a snipet off Walbro's site

Compatible with all commercially available pump grade gasoline,
gasohol, diesel or bio diesel
· Continuous duty life (diesel fuel): &gt5000 hours
· Dry run: To (2) hours

or

Compatible with all commercially available pump grade gasoline,
gasohol, diesel or bio diesel
· Continuous duty life (diesel fuel): &gt18000 hours
· Dry run: To (4) hours
Old 05-19-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Yup! I reread my first post and it sounds like I'm saying that the Glacier Diesel kit has problems. I'm going to edit that post right now......

I didn't take it that way at all. Sorry if my reply sounded like I was offended. Wasn't meant that way. No harm, no foul.

staarma,

I agree that bashing is the worst sales technique in the world. I've had a few people try to bait me into bashing on the phone and I won't have any part of it. If a product can't sell itself on good point then it's not much of a product and that's one reason that I've been staying away from lp threads. I'm trying to only chime in when I actually have something of substance to add. I think that every system on the market has positives and negatives including ours. Hopefully we can all stick to the facts and leave the emotions at the door.

Richard
Old 05-19-2006, 08:32 PM

How's that system coming along for the 2004.5 & up ?? I'm waiting patiently for that baby ......... I am convinced you have the best set up out there .
Old 05-19-2006, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mixer Man
How's that system coming along for the 2004.5 & up ?? I'm waiting patiently for that baby ......... I am convinced you have the best set up out there .
the 03-04 kits are already out...hes still workin on the 05-06 intake setup. Its gonna be sweet, if for any reason the walbro dies, one little electrical connection and you are back on your stock pump. He said the beta test units should be out early next week..

<----patiently waiting for the 05-06
Old 05-19-2006, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mixer Man
Does your 04.5 have an in-tank pump? If not I already have you covered. I was just out checking the fit on the last part from the machine shop for the '05-'06 pick-up and we're good to go.

Back to the shop...

Richard
Old 05-20-2006, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gypsyman

staarma,

I agree that bashing is the worst sales technique in the world. I've had a few people try to bait me into bashing on the phone and I won't have any part of it. If a product can't sell itself on good point then it's not much of a product and that's one reason that I've been staying away from lp threads. I'm trying to only chime in when I actually have something of substance to add. I think that every system on the market has positives and negatives including ours. Hopefully we can all stick to the facts and leave the emotions at the door.

Richard
Ditto. Business practice like your's ensures a long future. Again, looks like a nice, well thought out kit and I'm sure you'll sell a busload of them. You have all of the right ingredients.....integrity, user friendly install kit and a great product.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:48 PM

Our first serviceable brush motors did have some issues. The brushes would stick and shut the pump down. BUT the number of “trouble” units seemed to get bloated on the Forum due to people reading the same posts over and over and over. We did have an issue...just not to the extent that might be thought.

Heat is not an issue with FASS. This is a HOSS of a motor for a pump...and you will get heat out of it...but being that its robust....it can handle it. We have not had one new motor (EM-1001) fail yet due to brushes or heat.....just a bad bearing here and there...and some wire connections......been great for FASS so far!

We have made improvements on our kit to make it as reliable as any kit on the market. FASS is not the only option out there....but its a Darn good one........
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM

4 year unlimited mileage I believe sold me on a FASS. I have the stock LP tied to the side. If Fass does die, I remount stock LP with a 5mm allen unplug Fass replug stock lp and stock quick disconnect on tank.