3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Fab Fours, Road Armor or Similar

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks Great....a flash picture and one from the side would give a better perspective....price range....ks
Old 04-05-2008, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry...that is what I have for now.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
My Bad,... I guess I was just hoping...I've never seen one that wasn't mounted and they were so thick that I thought that must be Alum. as it would weigh a ton...I guess it just weighs a ton...Fester 's bumper is the best workmanship I've seen and that company makes real moose bumpers for real highway trucks....powdercoat or spray to choice....I was told by a fabricator that powder coating isn't good on sharp edges as the application causes the powder paint to stretch around sharp corners and be thinner on the sharp edges where as Industrial Imron or similar bulges around corners making the paint thicker...I'd never get another steel bumper....unless it was made of an alloy and designed....Hanging 400lbs of winch and bumper off these already heavy front ends on the crappy roads out there is just asking for trouble or higher spring rates and better shocks. KS
no problem, just giving you crap. my road armor stealth winch bumper weighs in at around 200 lbs., and as long as you take care of your suspension (stiffer springs, better shocks, etc.), shouldn't change much even on bad roads (i do plenty of driving on rural, gravel roads).
Old 04-05-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
Looks Great....a flash picture and one from the side would give a better perspective....price range....ks
Old 04-05-2008, 09:45 PM

I have the newest TDK bumper from Jermey out of Moore Montana. Let me know if you want a pic. IMO, the best looking bumper out there. Just bought it 1 month ago.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:14 PM

You and I must have purchased about the same time, I got mine on the 8th of March.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by lowboy18011
I really like the RA the best of all the bumpers, but, if I get the same run around when I call them today, I might just telll them to put it where the sun don't shine.
I went through this while my truck was in the Body shop.

I finally went with a Fab Fours, a lot more pricey, comes with light, Absolutely the best quality and strongest bumper with all the inner structure they use. My Road Armor twisted like a pretzel in a wreck. It took out a deer or two with no problem, but Truck vs. Truck my bumper lost.

http://www.socalcustoms.com/Shows/20...s/IMG_0943.htm

http://www.socalcustoms.com/Shows/20...s/IMG_0944.htm

By far the best I have seen. Plus they have places throughout the US that stock them ready to go. Not build as needed...

It is worth calling them.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:14 PM

Anyone have a replacement bumper using carli springs or lorenz springs and how does it affect the ride.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:31 PM

TDK looks pretty good. What was the price of those. I am looking at a prerunner/bullnose style.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Finally got my RA last Friday after almost 5 MONTHS!!! I even cancelled the order at one point. Long story, but in the end, I finally got it. I bought the raw stealth base model and am satisfied w/finished product. I do however question whether or not this bumper has the strength to handle a full pull w/16.5 winch as advertised. I am a bit of a fabricator myself and understand that the multiple angles used ad alot of strength as well as the high carbon steel used, but, there really is no inner bracing to speak of, thus, the total strength of the design relies solely on the angles and superior steel used. It's a good looking bumper and I'll rarely if ever use the winch so I'm not so concerned. Yes, I admit it, my truck is a pavement queen. I can afford to build it, not break it lol. By the way Crashcade, you're truck rocks!!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by CrashCade
I went through this while my truck was in the Body shop.

I finally went with a Fab Fours, a lot more pricey, comes with light, Absolutely the best quality and strongest bumper with all the inner structure they use. My Road Armor twisted like a pretzel in a wreck. It took out a deer or two with no problem, but Truck vs. Truck my bumper lost.

http://www.socalcustoms.com/Shows/20...s/IMG_0943.htm

http://www.socalcustoms.com/Shows/20...s/IMG_0944.htm

By far the best I have seen. Plus they have places throughout the US that stock them ready to go. Not build as needed...

It is worth calling them.
awesome truck- that's the front bumper i was going to go with, but just too much $$$. i just noticed that the truck in your sig is an '05, but the truck in the pix has an '06+ front bumper and headlights???
Old 04-06-2008, 08:37 PM

The Top TDK with Powder Coat, Tow Hooks, 2 4" PIAA's and 2 6" PIAA's, intstalled with or without winch cut out (your choice) is about $2200. Thats the price of a lot of other bumpers out there WITHOUT the LIGHTS and WITHOUT install. Pretty good deal. They are also lighter, but just as STRONG. Check them out.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
awesome truck- that's the front bumper i was going to go with, but just too much $$$. i just noticed that the truck in your sig is an '05, but the truck in the pix has an '06+ front bumper and headlights???
Thank You very much. It is an '05, we did the new front end conversion on it for somethign different. I like the way it look a lot better now.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by lowboy18011
By the way Crashcade, you're truck rocks!!!!

Thank you very much sir!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:22 PM

what was involved in the front end conversion. just lights or fenders too?

Quick Reply: Fab Fours, Road Armor or Similar