3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

F1 Valve Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Howling
How the HE** can they be $199 when I got mine for 450 and that was suppose to be a special sale price.
I payed $550 for mine. And that was a special price at the time. At least we have springs made for the Cummins and not for the Ford 4.6L repackaged.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 AM
tcr

Wow! I sure am glad I had Zack build my entire head; I didn't quite get this good of a deal, but I surely didn't pay 550+ You guys better buy up while you can!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:23 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Billy Ram
I payed $550 for mine. And that was a special price at the time. At least we have springs made for the Cummins and not for the Ford 4.6L repackaged.

A couple of things here:

Our springs are not repackaged anything. This is just another story being spread around by Zach, yourself and a few others. Our springs are made for us and have a unique part number and design parameters.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 AM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by Bad-Duvall
Awsome I love payin Doubble I payed 475 for my Hamiltons and i think that f-1s were like 6xx at that time. kinda makes a guy mad knowing that they had that much mark up in there product
There is a reason the F1 springs have dropped in price.
Our cost has simply come down. Considerably so.

We have been able to move from 650.00 dollars retail to 550.00, then finally to 429.00 all from our own internal cost reducing methods. There is no games being played or any customers getting ripped off.

Our mark-up is very very low.

At the same time, we have not cut our dealers throats as other companies have now. We understand the importance of our dealer network and they need to stay in business to support the products we produce. While our cost to produce the parts has dropped, the other companies cost has remained the same from day one.

I can tell you we lost money on very set sold back in the early days @ the 650.00 price.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Banned

All I want to know is this. Are these prices the final sale prices or is this going to keep going? Noone is taking advantage of THIS sale because we keep waiting for the next sale. Anxiously awaiting next month! Its now getting to the point where shipping & product are neck & neck.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:45 AM

Looks like I'm getting some springs!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Banned

I'm sure both spring sets are decent but, with this war going on... I can't believe no one is asking for proof comparisons on which is the better spring set.

There are CP3 wars in which the proof is asked for, cam comparisons, injectors, lift pumps...etc.

How do we really know one spring is better than the other beside what the sellers are telling us ? They all could be repackaged for all we know.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Banned

This is good for the consumer, but reflects very poorly upon the vendors. Those fat profit margins, are really showing themselves now. If someone was losing money on their $6xx.00 springs, They should have looked a little harder. That spring was easy to find, for half that cost, 3 years ago.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by J Lent
All I want to know is this. Are these prices the final sale prices or is this going to keep going? Noone is taking advantage of THIS sale because we keep waiting for the next sale. Anxiously awaiting next month! Its now getting to the point where shipping & product are neck & neck.
I dont think the springs can go any lower....if your on the fence then do it!! do it now!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by tritont
I'm sure both spring sets are decent but, with this war going on... I can't believe no one is asking for proof comparisons on which is the better spring set.

There are CP3 wars in which the proof is asked for, cam comparisons, injectors, lift pumps...etc.

How do we really know one spring is better than the other beside what the sellers are telling us ? They all could be repackaged for all we know.
On CompD, Zach w/ Hamiltons wanted to do a spring comparison w/ Don, but Don didnt want to. I can tell you I had F1s and the seat pressure was 84lbs when I traded them in.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:57 AM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by Hintz
On CompD, Zach w/ Hamiltons wanted to do a spring comparison w/ Don, but Don didnt want to. I can tell you I had F1s and the seat pressure was 84lbs when I traded them in.

I dont know what I have done to you, but I looked back at your posts over the last few months. It is clear you have an axe to grind. Here is a quick sample of what you have to say every time a cam, injector, or spring thread comes up that has to do with F1:

1) Yep, Zach and Don are really going at it. And after reading some of those test Im glad I went with Hamilton's spring
Hamilton and he's having a killer sale right now

2) Hamilton and he's having a killer sale right now
Yea, nothing against Don's cams, but Id go w/...

3) Yea, nothing against Don's cams, but Id go w/ someone who will make you a custom cam like Wicked or Hamilton
You dont send them to F1 personally you send to a...

4) You dont send them to F1 personally you send to a dealer (Mid-Atlantic or TRE, both site sponsers) and they send them to to F1 then reverse the other. IMO opinon a pain in the butt, but I hear there great injectors.

5) Personally I didnt want to wait so I went w/ Extrude Honed. You send them your nozzles they make them bigger and in a days turn around to, and then reinstall them. O and it cost less than 3/4 of what f1 is.

6) I was actually thinking more of the cam thread over there that opened my eyes, but this is a good one also.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...=hamiltons+don
happy reading

7) O god, you might of just opened up a can worms. And if you havent read the debate on CompD, go for it, it might change your prospective on things.

8) Yep Hamilton's are as good as they get, you'll probably find the % of dodge owners (besides 12v guys) run Hamiltons

9) Or you could get your own injectors honed out by Extrude Honed for half the price, and they are quite nice?
I look at cam manufactures that will make you a...

10) I look at cam manufactures that will make you a custom cam (Wicked, Max Spool, Diesel Pro, Hamilton), not a off the shelf cam (F1).

11) I would contact either Wicked or someone would does custom grinds, IMO buying a cam w/ a set grind is kinda of retarded when you can get a cam built

Heck, even in thread alone you cant stop the constant hacking at us Hintz.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 53 ******
I dont think the springs can go any lower....if your on the fence then do it!! do it now!
Mark, My brother was gonna call you to order a set for his truck. I thought you gave me a deal, this is unreal.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Mark, My brother was gonna call you to order a set for his truck. I thought you gave me a deal, this is unreal.
this is ALL zach's deal....I cant even sell the springs I have for that price....I paid more for my "in stock springs" then the the crazy new sale price ...if you want $199 Hamiltons then you have to get them through Zach directly....
sorry
Old 10-18-2008, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Don M
I dont know what I have done to you, but I looked back at your posts over the last few months. It is clear you have an axe to grind. Here is a quick sample of what you have to say every time a cam, injector, or spring thread comes up that has to do with F1:

1) Yep, Zach and Don are really going at it. And after reading some of those test Im glad I went with Hamilton's spring
Hamilton and he's having a killer sale right now

2) Hamilton and he's having a killer sale right now
Yea, nothing against Don's cams, but Id go w/...

3) Yea, nothing against Don's cams, but Id go w/ someone who will make you a custom cam like Wicked or Hamilton
You dont send them to F1 personally you send to a...

4) You dont send them to F1 personally you send to a dealer (Mid-Atlantic or TRE, both site sponsers) and they send them to to F1 then reverse the other. IMO opinon a pain in the butt, but I hear there great injectors.

5) Personally I didnt want to wait so I went w/ Extrude Honed. You send them your nozzles they make them bigger and in a days turn around to, and then reinstall them. O and it cost less than 3/4 of what f1 is.

6) I was actually thinking more of the cam thread over there that opened my eyes, but this is a good one also.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...=hamiltons+don
happy reading

7) O god, you might of just opened up a can worms. And if you havent read the debate on CompD, go for it, it might change your prospective on things.

8) Yep Hamilton's are as good as they get, you'll probably find the % of dodge owners (besides 12v guys) run Hamiltons

9) Or you could get your own injectors honed out by Extrude Honed for half the price, and they are quite nice?
I look at cam manufactures that will make you a...

10) I look at cam manufactures that will make you a custom cam (Wicked, Max Spool, Diesel Pro, Hamilton), not a off the shelf cam (F1).

11) I would contact either Wicked or someone would does custom grinds, IMO buying a cam w/ a set grind is kinda of retarded when you can get a cam built

Heck, even in thread alone you cant stop the constant hacking at us Hintz.
HAHAHA!!! Maybe he's friends with them....
Old 10-18-2008, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
this is ALL zach's deal....I cant even sell the springs I have for that price....I paid more for my "in stock springs" then the the crazy new sale price ...if you want $199 Hamiltons then you have to get them through Zach directly....
sorry
Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy that the guy that you help pay his bills and yours as well will cut your throat because of his ego and leave his dealers with shelves full... Nice...

I think I'll run the springs that Barber, Mills, and Rip are running... Who can disagree that the F1's aren't proven?

Quick Reply: F1 Valve Springs