3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Which: F1 Flux or Dynomite Diesel Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get in touch with John at Floor It or TIm Barber. They can answer ALL of your questions.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by DirtEater
F1 is what my gut instinct is telling me, but there's the down time of the truck. So, has anyone used the Flux 2 with an unmodded CP3?
I asked Don M about this same thing. He said I should be fine running the Flux 2 injectors. He said that I might have to run my other power adders on lower settings.

Lukens truck did 659.3 hp 1534 tq #2 uncorrected - stock cp3/injectors....now I'm not saying all trucks can do this but the Flux 2's are supposed to add 100 HP so I would think you would be fine with the stock CP3.

I hope to have my Flux 2's installed within the next month and I won't be able to upgrade the CP3 until the end of the year. No worries here.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

Go With Ddp Very Friendly People Who Do Good Buisness All Around. I Love My Injectors.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:07 AM

Anyone familiar with Bosio nozzles? A guy at a shop called Kermatdi has a new nozzle about to be released in 3 weeks. It's a 70hp 8 hole set coming from the Bosio factory in Italy and says:

From what I've seen of F1 nozzles, they won't be able to compare to ours regarding smoke and smooth running and fuel economy.
Wuddya think?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:40 AM

I say he hasn't even seen F1 injectors if he is saying that.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:13 AM

Ind. Inj. among others have sold Bosio nozzles. I don't know of anyone that brags of the performance of their Bosio nozzles so I can't relay that info to you. The Flux injector nozzles utilize a blank metal nozzle that is of a higher quality metal than stock. The dynamite injectors use the stock nozzle and then they extrudehone.rtm them to make the holes bigger and smoother. There are some trucks on this site that have excellent performance from DDP nozzles. To me the price for the new F1 injector tips plus the injector inspection and the tip installation was a good deal.
The advantage of doing it the F1 way is that DonM checks out your injectors and can repair potential minor damage caused by pressure boxes such as your vanA 3.1. Most 70hp injectors will smoke a bit on start up. Flux 1's give a small boost in performance and better mileage than stock. I have a set of Flux 1.5's on my SO with nothing other than a FASS and Fluid damper. I'm still in breakin mode but they have addd a good amount of go with no smoke. Flux 2's require a modded pump and Flux 3's require alot of air and a modded pump. I ran Flux 3's on my "race" engine and they had excellent performance.

Anything above a flux 1.5 will have an effect on mileage unless you soft pedal it.
I can't wait till I drop the Smarty and TST back into the mix in another 1.5k miles....but this will be in late march.

If you schedule your injector work well in advance your downtime will be minimal. The other alternative is to find a set of mint injectors and send them to Don M instead of your own. Mint injectors are hard to find but if you contact F1 reps they tend to pop up every now and then. I don't know anything about Dr. Performance injectors but buddy sounds like he had good luck with them. ks
Old 01-23-2007, 09:20 AM

Bump:

Call John at Floor It or Tim BArber (timinva is his handle here) TRE Performance
Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 AM

Another vote for John or Tim. PM me if you need John's number.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:26 AM

So when you get "new" injectors, either from Don M or DDP or whoever, what do you get? New nozzles only, nozzles and bodies, or what? And when you send them your parts, do they have to be functional or are they just "cores"? Just trying to understand the whole process.

Also, how much is a new injector, body and nozzle, from the dealer? Is it worth it to buy 6 all new injector assemblies and send them directly to Don M?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:06 PM

One of the F1 dealers happens to have a set of Flux 2's already installed on the injectors and sitting on their shelves ready to sell. That sounded convenient....until he told me that in addition to the $1100 nozzle charge, there is also a $400 core per injector. WOW!!!! Okay, let me see here....$1100 + $2400 = that's $3500 total. What happens if they get my cores and decide that some are not worthy? I've only got 30,000 miles on them. 2000 of it with the Van Aaken pressure box which is supposed to be mild and easy on injectors....so I was told.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:27 PM

You will pay a core charge no matter where you go. All the injector companies are getting tired of getting junk cores from people that modify their trucks, then when an injector fails they think they will just send them in to be modified. The down side is most companies do not have the abilty to test them or rebuild them so in the end someone gets junk injectors.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:17 PM

$400 per injector for tested and good injectors is ok. I paid $150 for remans from I I that were antique junk dating back to 1999 from the uk. I gave them my pristine 03 so's ...... I got taken, but DonM and RIP at sourceautomotive got me hooked up with a sweet set of Hellfires for my "race" engine.... they will get all my business in the injector, cam, etc. future. At the dealer new injectors were 8bills each....those will be better than new.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:20 PM

I have Flux 3.3s but a modded CP3 and talk about a difference! They added at least 200HP at the wheels and give Optimus some serious pull. I cannot recommend Don enough; he stands behind his work 100% and the down time is totally worth it because of what you get in the end!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:34 PM

I have a very simple combination on my 2005 3500 dually, cc, 4x4 with a camper shell. PS62-14, Dynomite Diesel 90hp injectors, Scarry Larry program, and HTS trans with suncoast converter. Weighs 8,040 pounds with me in it, and ran 13.04 at 103 in the quarter. It also pulls 10-12000 pounds very well.. Lenny and Ross at DDP are great to deal with. The customer service is top notch. They will also custom make injectors for you.. They did for my 12 valve.. Very good product and nice price.. The truck dropped over a half second with the injector upgrade.. That was when I only had a 130hp tune.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
So when you get "new" injectors, either from Don M or DDP or whoever, what do you get? New nozzles only, nozzles and bodies, or what? And when you send them your parts, do they have to be functional or are they just "cores"? Just trying to understand the whole process.

Also, how much is a new injector, body and nozzle, from the dealer? Is it worth it to buy 6 all new injector assemblies and send them directly to Don M?
Does anyone know the answer to these questions?

Quick Reply: Which: F1 Flux or Dynomite Diesel Injectors?