3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Extrude Hone’s Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extrude Hone’s Injectors

Anybody running these injector tips http://www.extrudehone.com/news/details.php?id=9 Ive heard good things about them and there about $350 w/ over night shipping both ways?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

I've ran them for over a year now with no issues. It is a great deal although you will have to pull the tips yourself to sent to them and then reinstall them.

They're extruded tips which aren't as smooth as a EDM may be but, I haven't had any issues because of that. DDP's tips and many others are the exact same thing. In fact many use Extrude.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:29 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Call Jim Bower and talk to him. He is very knowledgeable specifically on the CTD's. Here is their diesel performance website. http://gethoned.com/diesel.php

I have not pulled my injectors yet to send him the tips but I plan on going lite, maybe 30%.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:19 PM

Just a thought but you might want to consider having the whole injector built instead of just the tips. My truck ran great but the shop did a blow by test on them and they were leakin alot. You might be alright if someone like me never drove yer truck.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:01 PM

i have 60% only problem i had is i cracked one, but i think it was had already started and making them larger didnt help much
Old 05-31-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Caterpillartim
i have 60% only problem i had is i cracked one, but i think it was had already started and making them larger didnt help much
Hows the smoke, MPG's, haze, and power? Im thinking either 45 or 60%
Old 05-31-2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by tritont
I've ran them for over a year now with no issues. It is a great deal although you will have to pull the tips yourself to sent to them and then reinstall them.

They're extruded tips which aren't as smooth as a EDM may be but, I haven't had any issues because of that. DDP's tips and many others are the exact same thing. In fact many use Extrude.
Yea, ive been reading your post on Comp D
Old 05-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned

as mentioned... I'd talk to Jim about what size will be good. 60% I'm thinking is going to be way too big for you. That's a lot of fuel !
Old 05-31-2008, 05:51 PM

I also am going to be using these. I looked into them a while back. Just waiting til I decide what turbo route Im going.. I got 6 brand new marine cummins injector bodies Im using and putting my nozzles on them and installing them. So I was told the marine bodies are a lot stronger..
Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 PM

yea the 60% are big power is great im still trying to work everything out as far as programing. like tritont said just call jim at let him what your going to doing with your truck and he will get you were you need to be, great guy to deal with
Old 05-31-2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Caterpillartim
yea the 60% are big power is great im still trying to work everything out as far as programing. like tritont said just call jim at let him what your going to doing with your truck and he will get you were you need to be, great guy to deal with
Hey what % did you get done? I see yours are 100hp. Thats probably around the size Im going to go with..
Old 06-01-2008, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by blwnsmke
I also am going to be using these. I looked into them a while back. Just waiting til I decide what turbo route Im going.. I got 6 brand new marine cummins injector bodies Im using and putting my nozzles on them and installing them. So I was told the marine bodies are a lot stronger..
Ya if your lucky.........
Old 06-01-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by tritont
as mentioned... I'd talk to Jim about what size will be good. 60% I'm thinking is going to be way too big for you. That's a lot of fuel !
right now yes, but I plan on going to Garmon and get a stock/400 or 62/13/71SS turbo setup at the same time
Old 06-01-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by 04DEEZELRAM
Ya if your lucky.........
Biotchhhh I will! I was reading something about cleaning or new injector tubes with injectors? Any input on this?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by blwnsmke
Biotchhhh I will! I was reading something about cleaning or new injector tubes with injectors? Any input on this?
Ya you'll need new injectors tubes if the injectors are new, but if you just pull out your old ones make sure you mark the tubes so you know what injector they where with.

Quick Reply: Extrude Hone’s Injectors