3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Extreme Superchips tune, who is ready?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Extreme Superchips tune, who is ready?

On the Flashpaq forum, there is always a thread about the extreme tune. Basically everyone wants it to be avaliable. Superchips is worried about all the damage trannies will undergo or engine damage from people who don't have gauges.

So, it has been suggested by a Superchips employee that we start a list of people who have the what SC considers the proper prerequisites for the extreme tune. What SC considers the proper prerequisites are: Free flowing air intake, free flowing exhaust, gauges, and a built trans/HD clutch.

Who on here has a Superchips, wants the extreme tune, and has intake, exhaust, gauges, and a built trans/HD clutch?

FYI

http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8572#8572
Old 05-23-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had one but got tired of their crap. I have a problem with someone who can't give you a straight answer to a question and makes promises they don't keep, so I sold it. Now running a smarty. By the way I've been hearing this from sc for OVER a year now. Good Luck. It would be nice to see though, the perf. setting is tough to beat on a stock truck.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
zak

I am ready for it. If they dont have it within the next month I am going to sell the dang thing and buy a smarty
Old 05-23-2007, 01:47 PM

Add me to the list I think I can cover it.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:53 PM

I'd like to have it available. Times a tickin' to me getting rid of it though. Poor customer service=unhappy customer!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:34 PM

Trashpaq

I have been waiting almost a year and a half putting up with excuses like "almost done", "in final testing", etc. Now they are saying that They won't release it because we're" not ready. Good thing the aftermarket Turbo, Injector, CP3 & Nitrous guys don't have this attitude or Tranny builders would disappear & Ricers would own the road, Sheesh!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by mizzu
I have been waiting almost a year and a half putting up with excuses like "almost done", "in final testing", etc. Now they are saying that They won't release it because we're" not ready. Good thing the aftermarket Turbo, Injector, CP3 & Nitrous guys don't have this attitude or Tranny builders would disappear & Ricers would own the road, Sheesh!!!!

I totally agree. If the box says we must have gauges/tranny mods/intake & exhaust, stuff that should be good enough. If someone puts it on extreme with a stock tranny & no gauges, they are on their own. The threat of someone not modding their truck incorrectly should not keep me from getting what I want.

By the way, I have posted this on TDR and DTW too.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:52 PM

I have emailed them and never gotten a response. I like the Flashpaq but their delay and customer service sucks. Its our responsibilty for what we do to our truck besides would they pay for damage anyway............................................ ................NOT! (Borat)
Old 05-23-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Im ready I posted on your flash paq link and I talked to Ivan or some one the other day at SC he told me the dodge trucks make enough power just like they are and the extreme was definitley not a priority. He went so far as to say it was the least of their worries. THe problem with SC is they are not Deisel Specific and have absolutley no understanding of what were trying to accomplish . They are worse than banks RIDING a name THey dont care what we want they are too concerned with a mustang or whatever else they work on.

I could kick myself I knew they sucked but bought them any way because they had the only product at the time for an 07 that would adjust tire size patience is a virtue and I have none or I would've waited for the smarty.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:37 PM

Now I'm considering wanting a refund and trying something else
Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 PM

I'm surprised a company like Superchips would treat diesel guys that way just because of their gasser market. Diablosport is mainly gasser stuff yet they treat us diesel guys like gold...
Old 05-23-2007, 06:48 PM

I've got all the prereqs. too, however I got tired of their bull and got rid of it too?
Old 05-23-2007, 07:01 PM

I have been waiting since 12-05 for the extreme, a buddy of mine might buy mine now, getting tired of waiting. Btw , good power and driveability with the performance.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W TX ice man please explain homemade rocktech,?????
Old 05-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TORQUE BEAST
I had one but got tired of their crap. I have a problem with someone who can't give you a straight answer to a question and makes promises they don't keep, so I sold it. Now running a smarty. By the way I've been hearing this from sc for OVER a year now. Good Luck. It would be nice to see though, the perf. setting is tough to beat on a stock truck.
you are 100% correct. this is the same thing i did. almost a year also...11 months for me and 8 months i think with the smarty (whenever it came out...i dont remember exactly)

brett

Quick Reply: Extreme Superchips tune, who is ready?