3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust question

I had my exhaust done from the cat back and it has a flowmaster muffler on it. It sounds good but I am wondering if I would be better to put a mbrp or silverline on it or even a borla and try to find a down pipe from the turbo to the muffler for my 06 and lose the cat. Are the flowmasters any good? I haven't read of anyone on here having one. My Quad box is supposed to be in thursday and it just has me wondering if I should change mufflers. Also what is the opinion of the 60 hp injectors and what should I expect from them. Thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 10:13 PM

cut the whole exhaust off in front of the converter,put in a nelson 51" muffler and put back on your tailpipe........you cant get any better and it will be a nice sound without being loud at all......i got my nelson here local for 69 bucks tax included...............straight thru 4 inch the whole way without the horrible ricer on steroids sound .............bama
Old 05-26-2006, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by bama
cut the whole exhaust off in front of the converter,put in a nelson 51" muffler and put back on your tailpipe........you cant get any better and it will be a nice sound without being loud at all......i got my nelson here local for 69 bucks tax included...............straight thru 4 inch the whole way without the horrible ricer on steroids sound .............bama

What does putting a straight muffler in place of an offset one do?
Must put your tail pipe on some weird angle, doesn't it?
Heard good things about the 51" Nelson (or is that Donelson?) though.