3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Everybody....What is next power source???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your question has no simple answer. nothing on these trucks comes simple or without supporting mods. after the basics are done, there are many tracks to take depending on use of vehicle and budget. if you go injectors and plan on putting your foot to the floor, then you will run out of air and temps will be problematic when racing...and may run out of fuel on top end. adding a turbo first will not only help top end but help upper rpm power in every gear...and help with your soon to be temp issues. trying to keep up with some of these sport cars on the freeway is a fast way to dissapointment because most will pull hard in higher rpm bands. we can keep up but the cost is high. power to weight ratio is not on our side.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:48 AM

dude...tell bowtie boy you wanna run from a roll to a hundred. Better yet, from a dig. Boosted launches are loud, smokey, scary to other guy who can see, and most of all lots of fun. What about an 8th mile dragstrip? Any thing that starts low or from a stop and runs to about a hundred and you should beetem'
Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 AM

I think its been pretty well stated that Turbo, Injectors, airdog will really help you out quite a bit. At which point you may even need to look at upgrading your CP3 or modding it. Either way its not going to be cheap.

Take your time and plan it right, cause doing it twice isnt going to help the wallet any.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:32 AM

If you want a fast truck why dont you take the lift off and go back with smaller tires? I understand there are fast trucks on big tires but I know from personal experience it takes alot of power from a 7k pound truck to beat a car. A stock LS1 camaro stick car will run a flat 13 if you have the right driver so that would be where you would want to be or faster which can be done. John P posted a video on here and half tracked an LS1 camaro BUT john has 900hp also and his truck doesnt set 20ft in the air either. I ran a brand new corvette from a roll on a closed course and it would not outrun my truck up to the end but I bet I dyno twice what the corvette does also. my point is you can beat the car but its going to take a heavily modded truck to do so and im not bashing on anyones truck just making points