3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

EGT gauge

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EGT gauge

Well I think it's time to start shopping for gauges. For now I think I'll stick with just the pyro since I tow alot. I see alot of different oppinions on here on what matches the stock dodge gauges better. I will more than likely get the SRT-10 pillar. So again what do ya'll think works/looks best in our trucks? What should I look for and/or stay away from? Has anyone seen or tried the gauges from Speedhut? They look to match the dodge perfect for night.
Arguments for digital gauges are welcome too. Thanks alot.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:55 PM

Isspro look good. I don't know about any others.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:22 PM

got a pic of the srt10 pillar? or a link even?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

I like the Dipricols, I have 3 Dipricols and 3 isspros in my truck and the Dipricols look more like the factory gauges

CRIS
Old 11-20-2006, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I was to do it over, I would get EV Isspro's.
Dipricol optix looks purple at night, not green like factory.

my.02
Old 11-20-2006, 10:35 PM

i have the auto meter phantom gauges on the a pillar, fit is real nice.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Banned

My dipricols are green and look as close to the factory as anyone can get without DC making them and charging you out the butt.

CRIS
Old 11-21-2006, 12:08 AM

My phantoms are allmost a perfect match in color and in guage look. I have the srt pillar and a phantom egt guage if you would like, pm me.

Kevin
Old 11-21-2006, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy45
Well I think it's time to start shopping for gauges. For now I think I'll stick with just the pyro since I tow alot. I see alot of different oppinions on here on what matches the stock dodge gauges better. I will more than likely get the SRT-10 pillar. So again what do ya'll think works/looks best in our trucks? What should I look for and/or stay away from? Has anyone seen or tried the gauges from Speedhut? They look to match the dodge perfect for night.
Arguments for digital gauges are welcome too. Thanks alot.
Not sure what you are looking to accomplish but, if you are shopping to be budget minded you might look into this:
http://www.quadzillapower.com/prod_recon.html

It is very simple to install. No wiring of lights and other things that you need to do with analog gauges.

This will be very similar in price or less than most pyrometers and a SRT10 pillar. You also get the option of 3 gauges for that price if you want to hook them up.

Reads EGT, Boost and Transmission.
It has a recall function so you can view Min/Max readings.
It has a warning function.
LED display is similar in color to the factory lights.
Has dimmer adjustment independant of the dash.
Later on you can add a pressure sensor for fuel pressure if you ever get to the point where you need it.
It is designed to mount right on top of the steering column. It is nice and small but the disaplay is large enough that it is very easy to read. I have also seen it mounted in all sorts of places as it is really easy to put it anywhere you want it.

All in all it is a HUGE bang for the buck product that works extremely well. If you are only concerned with EGT you can always watch EGT and set warnings for Boost and Transmission and you will never even see them unless they reach your setpoint.

If you want to look at actual size then click on the installtion button on the link listed above and you can see it in an actual truck.

Now the other stand alone digital you can look at is here:
http://www.quadzillapower.com/prod_commander.html
and the pillar mount for the 03-07 Dodge that keeps the handle:
http://www.quadzillapower.com/prod_pillar_mount.html

Of course this is considerably more money but it does a lot in a small package. It is also easy to install and has a lot of features and a lot of room to grow in the future.

I have no problems with analog gauges either. I like them and most are pretty accurate.

I guess it depends on if you are budget shopping or if you have something you are looking for in particular? The nice thing about the Recon is that you get 3 gauges for basically the price of a nice pyro and a mount.

The nice thing about the Commander is tha it can do multiple gauges on one display without having to mount stuff in a lot of loactions. Now if you like a lot of gauges then you definately need to go with analog as you could literally get a truck full of them as you go!

I think a lot of people like the look of a ton of gauges but, they find it is easier to set a warning for certain parameters so they only see them when they need to!

If I left anything out or you have more questions about the digital stuff let me know.

Also check prices with the many vendors on here or with the DTR store. There are a lot of avenues and everyone I know here gives great service!

Quad
Old 11-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Banned

i wouldn't suggest autometer phantoms.....i have them and have had lots of problems...Isspro or DiProcol or Quad stuff would get my vote.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:08 AM
Muted User

I got the Dipricol Optix and they look close to my factory gauges, though I honestly wouldnt mind if they looked different. When I went to buy them I actually wanted autometer or isspros (cant remember which) and the place I went to steered me towards the Optix gauges.

They look good at night, I dont know what kind 53 ****** got but mine are green LED illuminated...
Old 11-21-2006, 03:49 AM

I have the single gauge SRT-10 pillar with a Westach boost/egt gauge combo.I like it just fine.Geno's carrys them.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm with Hounddog, if only wanting a single gauge the Westach boost/EGT gauge is hard to beat. Not a perfect match to the IP gauges but it's close enough for me.
Pics are in my gallery.

MikeyB
Old 11-21-2006, 07:11 AM

I have a pic of my Isspro's in my gallery...
Old 11-21-2006, 06:17 PM

Check this out on ebay, item # 230053537356. The night color looks good.

Quick Reply: EGT gauge