3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Upgrade 440Ft/Lbs!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Upgrade 440Ft/Lbs!!

I was on Edge's website and apparantly you can upgrade your current edge attitude to 180 Hp 440 Ft/Lbs if you send the unit to them and sign a waiver they will reflash it. Has anyone done this?? Can the stock tranny hold this for a few runs?? And how much faster is the truck, if no one has heard of the follow this link.

http://http://www.edgeproducts.com/p...cle-pdf-32.pdf
Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's called the Hot Juice upgrade and it will destroy a stock tranny.
If you don't believe me just ask Skynyrd. He has the Hot Juice w/ Attitude stacked with the EZ.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:23 PM

It's called the "HOT" Juice upgrade. A lot of people on here have done it. I wouldn't suggest it until the tranny is upgraded. When my tranny is done, I'll be gettin' one. That rhymes!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:26 PM

Take these guys advice, the hot juice is real hard on a stock transmission. Our trucks stock auto held up fairly well with the juice on 5 before the upgrade. After the hot juice was re-installed, level 5 would slip the TC like crazy. Be careful, and save your money for an upgraded trans.

There is a huge difference on level 5, it is well worth it.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:36 PM

Thats what I thought just wanted to confirm, so if I get the tranny built the "HOT JUICE" setting is way crazier than my current #5 (extreme)?? Just wanna know if it's really worth building the traenny and whats a good tranny kit/shop??
Old 03-05-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by crater12
Thats what I thought just wanted to confirm, so if I get the tranny built the "HOT JUICE" setting is way crazier than my current #5 (extreme)?? Just wanna know if it's really worth building the traenny and whats a good tranny kit/shop??
well i don't have a HOT juice but i have my regular juice staked .. and all i can say is WOW you defiantly need a tranny upgrade , probably a turbo upgrade and some sort of fueling upgrade ... the stock transmission won't hold your regular juice for long .. mine was almost toast before i got it done ... and when it comes to transmissions .. that can be a touchy subject around here.. but there is many great builders ... i love my DTT !!! .. But just do a search

good luck

Gary
Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 PM

Lots of good tranny places. Goerend, DTT, HTS, Suncoast. They're all good. A better built transmission or even a TC will help get the power to ground better and it won't leave stranded. Morkable put down well over 600 horses with his Edge. Omaharam is still playing with his combos but already has over 500.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:45 AM
Chapter President

And I'm still running the Regular Juice and have over 550hp.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:26 AM

The hot juice is awesome!! I am now playing with a bunch of different tunes from diablosport now, see if I can eek out some more ponys out of mine

Kevin
Old 03-06-2007, 04:13 AM

I'll just repeat what everyone is saying... the HOT Juice is way too strong for a stock tranny. I almost never run mine on Lvl 5 (the "HOT" setting) because it slips my clutch like mad. But pulls like a freight train too! I do have an upgraded lift pump. It'll leave a big 'ol cloud of smoke so I know it is fueling a lot heavier than the previous level.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crater12
Think about what your asking. Standard Juice is rated at 100hp. HOT is rated at 180hp(Still not sure about the 180, mine was rated at 150). That's 80% moer power. That is a huge difference.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 AM

well since scotte chimed in earlier i guess i better pop my head in here. on level 5 regular juice i could slip the TC but with the hot juice the tranny can't hold even in level 4, level 3 is even pushing it with the ez on 1. but i'll tell you this a fuel pressure box does help with the lower end with the juice. the hot juice upgrade is definitly well worth it.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Any dyno #s on Hot Juice/EZ Stack only? With aftermarket turbo?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jboIND
Any dyno #s on Hot Juice/EZ Stack only? With aftermarket turbo?
480's....wasn't me though. That seems really low though....Omaharam did 500hp with his Hot Juice/MP8. We'll see what my Hot Juice + XZT + water/meth does here pretty soon.

Originally Posted by Pull U 2
Quick question for you guys. My trans will be done tomorrow and I'm debating on getting the Hot upgrade. Do I need to upgrade the fuel system or will the stock one do for awhile? I lost my lift pump 3 weeks ago and the dealer put the in tank setup in there now. What do you guys say?
its too much for a stock lift pump.....i can tell you that much

Quick Reply: Edge Upgrade 440Ft/Lbs!!