3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge to Smarty

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Edge to Smarty

I just installed my new smarty putting the edge to 0 and all I can say is WOW, what a difference if anyone was wondering the SW #3 pulls way harder than level 5 on the edge. Shifting is better, EGT's are way down, changed to SW #7 and this truck is awesome, drove it around some on Saturday and I have been really impressed by the Smarty. This morning I changed to SW#9, RP2, Timing default, TQ Mgmt 4, and now my truck is a BEAST I cannot believe how much better it is compared to the Edge, this thing was getting sideways at WOT shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear, and pulling incredibly hard through 4th gear. I don't know how I have done without Smarty. Needless to say I love my Smarty. Now everytime I get in the truck all I can do is smile at all the new found power.

Jason
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
totally agree and had the same experience with mine when i went from edge to smarty. EGT's dropped 150 plus. still can't kick the grin off me head! LOL
Old 01-25-2010, 03:41 PM

Yes I thought the Edge Juice W/Hot was great. When I pulled trailers, or 5th wheel the EGT's were hard to keep inder 1300. Sometimes had to take the Edge to 0 to pull.
So I bought the Smarty REVO and guages and just like you I said WOW, with a big smile. They are night and dat different.
Also the Smarty on SW 5 tows great, I can pull a hill and not see over 1250 EGT's !!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Now get some gauges and dump the Edge....LOL Sell it.....
Old 01-25-2010, 08:06 PM

Yeah I am looking at a Isspro Fuel Pressure and Rail Pressure gauge to go on the steering column now. I think I am gonna need a fuel pump too
Old 01-26-2010, 06:22 AM

I can't wait to get a Smarty here in a few weeks. CANT WAIT!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 AM

Bought smarty when I bought my truck new works great always towing and egts are low make sure you go back in after you program it to the ECM and change your tire size right down to the smallest size to save milelage which is the cheepest extented warrenty youl ever buy besides who needs an acurate speedo when your gps tells you your speed anyway
Old 02-20-2010, 04:09 PM

I hate to bring up this thread from the dead but i just put the Smarty on last night and its a monster!!!! The Edge doesn't hold a candle to the Smarty!!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Banned

I run em both all the time!
Edge 5
smarty TNT 8 tm4/time2/rp3
good fer five on my truck before recent mods
stock sticks cp3 and lp
Old 02-20-2010, 09:07 PM

still sticking with my edge. i like to be able to hit a button and there i go. i dont miss the days of sitting there programming for up to 5 minutes. dont get me wrong i have nothing agaisnt smartry. im brain washed with edge.

you guys that run smarty when you program do you turn off your radio and everything else that comes on. i hear leaving things on can ruin your computer.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by michael/edge
still sticking with my edge. i like to be able to hit a button and there i go. i dont miss the days of sitting there programming for up to 5 minutes. dont get me wrong i have nothing agaisnt smartry. im brain washed with edge.

you guys that run smarty when you program do you turn off your radio and everything else that comes on. i hear leaving things on can ruin your computer.
Your supposed to but if you don't it will shut it off automatically for you as it's programing. When it's done it comes back on.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:36 AM

Never had an issue with either set up, like my smarty for power of course tho
Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by kylegreer
Bought smarty when I bought my truck new works great always towing and egts are low make sure you go back in after you program it to the ECM and change your tire size right down to the smallest size to save milelage which is the cheepest extented warrenty youl ever buy besides who needs an acurate speedo when your gps tells you your speed anyway
what is the benefit of setting the tire size to the smallest as far as the smarty/power goes?
Old 04-04-2010, 05:58 PM

got nothing to do with power, but if your tire size is set on the smarty to the smallest size you will be adding less miles to your odometer as you drive. Think of what it costs to buy extended warrenty and then tell me you would not like to have 30% more warrenty for free.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 PM

Does it effect the speedo?

Quick Reply: Edge to Smarty