3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Mileagemax

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Edge Mileagemax

Finally ran a few tanks threw running MileageMax. I have it hooked up with Edge Juice but set to level 0.

A few months ago I did a dually converson so my mileage changed a little after removing the 4" lift kit and 35" ProComps.

After the dually conversion running 225/75/19.5 with 3.73, 6-speed and Edge on level 1 (their mileage setting) I was getting 15 and change.

After installing the MileageMax box with Edge set to 0 I'm getting high 17's.

So.....a solid 2 mpg increase. I'm happy!

Still curious what the MileageMax will do while towing heavy????

PS - My overhead reads 23.1 mpg ... which is WAY off!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 AM

Those results are pretty awesome. Do you have gauges? A 2mpg increase would be like 200 miles of free driving a month for me. The mileage max would pay for itself very quickly.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I'm dumber than I thought I was but I just bought the mileage max and I dont know how to install the thing, can yall help me out?
Old 04-30-2008, 03:27 PM

I have the mileage max too and got about the same increase. Thought I was losing it so I have not said much about the increase. Towing is fine, never had the egt's over 1100. As for installing it, go to this website and download the instructions. They were pretty good for my 2nd gen.

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=78&pvk=237
Old 04-30-2008, 04:27 PM

The box is VERY easy to install!!!

One thing I noticed is that if you push the truck it seems to fall flat at times. Wonder if I'm having a fueling issue separate from the box. When I crank up the Edge there is no issue and it runs fine so....maybe I'm just not use to the MileageMax magic they do to get the mileage increase. If you drive normal it feels better then stock...it’s just when you try to really push it at the higher RPM's that it feels sluggish when compared to Level 1 or Level 2 of the Edge.

Solid 2 mpg increase --- percent wise that is huge in my book and well worth the money!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:42 AM

Edge states that the mileage max is worth 35HP/77TQ. I am surprised to hear that your truck feels slower with the mileage max hooked up. I would not want to give up any towing power. Maybe running an Edge EZ on level 1 (40hp/150tq) would give some MPG increase?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by surfram
Edge states that the mileage max is worth 35HP/77TQ. I am surprised to hear that your truck feels slower with the mileage max hooked up. I would not want to give up any towing power. Maybe running an Edge EZ on level 1 (40hp/150tq) would give some MPG increase?
I don't know if 'stacking' the mileagemax box with level 1 would work for mileage increase, but I will probably try this at some point.

Someone else posted that they called Edge and they said NO you can not use the mileagemax box with Edge. When I got my mileagemax box I didn't even think how they would work together until I went to hook it up. I called Edge and they said it WILL work. So....don't know who is correct but they do seem to work fine (at least when edge is set to level 0).

I do know that when I set Edge to level 5 it smokes a boat load more then without the mileagemax box.

It only feels like at higher rpm's it dies out unlike when the Edge is running. Again...this is my seat of pants monitor. Off idle and low rpm's using the torque of the motor it feels better then stock.