3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Juice, or TST??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Juice, or TST??

Well I am down to the wire, I am not sure which one to choose.
I just want some more kick out of my engine, and even a little to play with, I don't want anything to do with pressure boxes, too scared of injector problems. I know this has been beat to death, but I want your opinion on which one will work best keepng my stock turbo, and clutch, don't want to bomb, just want more power, fairly low egt, and just a little more so I can run with some of our competition.
I am planning exhaust mods in the future, and maybe intake, but that is about as far as I want to go.
You guys tell me Edge Juice, or TST, which one will I have the best luck with, performance/mileage, oh ya, and lots of

Thanks in advance Joe
Old 06-24-2005, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Either one on the 80hp and under settings would be fine. I have not installed the TST on mine, but done a lot of talking with guys that have. I currently have the HOT Juice/Attitude. I had the standard Juice/Attitude and the Quad XZillaraider Race box on prior.

I am very happy with the Juice/Attitude. It is an easier install than the TST and I have had no codes or problems with either Juice box. The Quad box was even easier install, just three connectors to deal with.

As long as you have the discipline to stay out of the higher settings you should be ok with basic stock configuration.

Currently my transmission and tc are scattered all over a garage bench in Texas City being rebuilt so that I can add a little pressure and punch the button to the 180hp setting on the Juice/Attitude.

I have no discipline
Old 06-24-2005, 04:14 PM

I have heard that with the TST, you have to splice into the wiring harness, is this true, and if so, do you have to do something similar with the Juice.
On my 02 h.o., the ez box I had was just 2 plugs, is it that simple with the Juice, no splicing I hope.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Banned

Just my thoughts here, and since I don't have a 3rd Gen or any experience with Edge you don't have to listen.

TST: Mark is a former Cummins engineer! Every time I have called to speak with him he or Scott have been available. Their support is at the highest level of any vendor I have ever dealt with. Who better to design a box for our beloved trucks? Although you won't be able to touch the higher settings without destroying your stock components you can get the slight increase in power that you are looking for now and the TST will grow with your truck as you add more.

Edge: Like is said, I have no expeerience, but I do like the fact that the Attitude offers counters and other measures of your vehicles performance. The monitor is a nice clean, simple look too.

Either way you decide to go I am sure that you will not be disappointed. TST and Edge would not have the following that they do if they weren't doing things right.

Have fun!!!

Old 06-24-2005, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by Big Joe
I have heard that with the TST, you have to splice into the wiring harness, is this true....
No. Not true. 100% plug-in, however, some of the plugs can be a pain to get to if you have big hands.

Originally posted by Big Joe
....the ez box I had was just 2 plugs, is it that simple with the Juice....
Yet, it is that easy. All plug-in just like the TST, except the Juice doesn't have the timing harness that the TST has, which just happens to be the plugs that are a pain on the TST. So, the Juice should be a little easier to hook-up.

I personally would recommend the Juice over the TST if max HP and TQ is not your goal. Sure the TST will make more, but that doesn't sound like your goal. They both perform really well on the new trucks and price is about the same. The Juice with Attitude just looks much better, has a lot more features, and would make a better functional set of gauges. Just my $.02.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:42 PM

I like my Juice
Make sure you get the Attitude and the pillar mount
My only problem is the velcro they give to attach the monitor, fell off the second day in the Vegas heat. ( oh yea another problem,,,,,, my heavy right foot )
Old 06-24-2005, 06:06 PM

Is there a larger chance of turbo issues with either box, turbo barking is not something I want to hear, and the budget wont allow the turbo set up I would like to install (TWINNNNSSSSSSS).
But I think that would just open a can of worms I don't want, I still need a daily driver, and I can't be bombin...
Old 06-24-2005, 07:10 PM

Edge Juice/Attitude on 40/60/80hp settings have not produced any turbo barking. I do believe you should have at least high flow air intake and muffler.

I have AFE with Torque Tube and Banks Monster exhaust. On the 80hp setting I will peak around 38-40psi boost on hard WOT, EGTs are pretty good only see 1425 - 1450 max for a few seconds on sustained WOT on 80hp. Normal occasional WOT, light to light will not produce and any high numbers.

The Edge Juice/Attitude provides very responsive, smooth power on all settings. I know the low end was definitely better than the Quad XZillaraider box. My mpg even went up after I decided on the 80hp setting as my normal daily driving mode.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:17 PM

with the stock turbo and the PMCR I was only able to bark the turbo once. with my new turbo and the TST on 9 pulling a trailer it barks everytime I let go of the throttle (I was showing off). If you keep the TST under the recommended settings for stock drivetrain, you won't be able to bark it.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:06 PM

the wire splicing was on the 2nd generation rams. They would tap into the injection pump control wire
Old 06-24-2005, 11:51 PM

I have barked my stock turbo when pulling about 15 000pds, with just a cold air intake, gutted baffle tube, gutted cat, and no muffler, NO tst at the time,

I have learned how not to do it since, just ease off, watch the boost fall a few pds before shifting
Old 06-25-2005, 10:15 AM

Well it looks like edge is going to be the best choice for what I am looking for.
Thanks guys for all the info, if anyone else has some good, or bad testamonials I would like to hear them.
Oh ya, one more question, when gutting the exhaust, which muffler can I put back on to get a good bark, but still be quiet in the cab, no drone.
I don't want it to be obnoxious, just a good crisp bark under hard accelaration.
I have a friend who is straight piped, it sounds good outside, but in the cab it is un bearable even pulling a little hill, and forget about pulling a trailer, and he still has his cat converter, he just took the muffler off.
Does an exhaust tip help, larger, longer, out past the bed, what does the best.
I hope I have given an idea of what I am looking for, and once again thanks in advance for any help.
Joe
Old 06-25-2005, 12:51 PM

Big Joe,

I do have one issue with my Juice/Attitude that may affect you also. I have 315s and have had the "Pinion Factor" reprogrammed by dealer for the larger tires.

The Attitude transmission monitoring and trans slip backoff feature does not work on my truck. Edge told me that this is because of the computer reprogramming for the larger tires. They are suppose to be looking for a solution, but I would not hold my breath. Since I am having the TC and Transmission upgraded to handle the hp/torque I dont worry about the transmission monitoring or slip backoff. It is just something to be aware of.

John
Old 06-25-2005, 03:45 PM

i have had both and i like the edge attitude better. power comes on sooner and does not smoke as bad when they are set at about the same power level
Old 06-25-2005, 06:24 PM

I'm very happy with the Juice/Attitude!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Edge Juice, or TST??