3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Juice or Smarty on 305/555

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Juice or Smarty on 305/555

I have read the forums here on this site for a couple of years now and have gained a wealth of good information. I just traded trucks and was wondering if any of you with the 305/555 have had both the Edge Juice and the Smarty on this engine and what your thoughts are. I had the Edge Juice with Attitude on my last 305/555 and was pleased with it but it seems like the majority of the people on this site are EXTREMELY pleased with their Smarty. I don't plan on any other mods except for intake and opening up the exhaust in the near future and was hoping for some input from someone who has tried both on this engine. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Banned

It's good to only give advise on what you've tried!
I've tried both Edge & Smarty and I still have the Smarty.
Smarty is a complete mod and it performs quite well.Yes you're right about people being EXTREMELY pleased w/Smarty, and you'll even get some who will advise it w/out knowing the Edge works. my .02
Old 11-02-2008, 07:54 AM

Thanks for the reply #2 Only. As I said earlier, I was satisfied with the Edge Juice on my last truck but with the overwhelming good feedback on the Smarty thought that I should look into it.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Banned

T-BREESE,
You won't be unsatisfied! Nothing is perfect but Smarty is as complete as they come currently.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:53 AM

Anyone else out there ran both the Edge and Smarty on a 305/555??
Old 11-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by T-Breese
Anyone else out there ran both the Edge and Smarty on a 305/555??
yes and its awesome i ran the edge from 3 to 5 and had the stock smarty v.s-4 on catcher 4 for a day to try it out to see if i wanted to buy it and like a idiot didn't and have spent everyday since tryn to save my pennies to get the S-6 model (five months) if i had to do it over i would buy the Smarty then the edge
Old 11-02-2008, 09:44 AM

I've got an '06 (not the same as you're looking for, I know) and I currently have the Smarty and Edge Juice w/ Attitude. Both products are very good. I had the Edge for a year or better before I bought the Smarty. I'm using both the Edge and Smarty together right now (sometimes the Edge on 0, but never past 2 and Smarty on 2). If I were going to go with just one or the other I'd got with the Smarty and gauges, though I was pretty happy with the Edge - just got the Smarty looking for something different.

Thomas
Old 11-02-2008, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Price_Dog
I've got an '06 (not the same as you're looking for, I know) and I currently have the Smarty and Edge Juice w/ Attitude. Both products are very good. I had the Edge for a year or better before I bought the Smarty. I'm using both the Edge and Smarty together right now (sometimes the Edge on 0, but never past 2 and Smarty on 2). If I were going to go with just one or the other I'd got with the Smarty and gauges, though I was pretty happy with the Edge - just got the Smarty looking for something different.

Thomas
I didn't realize that you could stack the Edge Juice and Smarty together. I used to run my Edge on level#3-#5 without any problems. With the Smarty, alone or stacked, would my stock fuel pump be able to keep up??
By the way, this is the first time I've seen a post on here from someone that lives this close to me. I'll have to keep an eye out for your truck whenever I'm in Columbia.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:39 AM

I am not taking any chances on draining the rail, which is why I keep the settings low on both the Smarty and Edge JA. I am going to sell the Edge JA and get a full compliment of gauges ASAP . . . but I've still got to get the AD150 and tranny upgrade too. I would say that you'd need an auxiliary fuel pump to really keep with with two boxes if you're planning on running them in the middle to higher settings. I know some guys on here are draining the rail on their trucks with only the Smarty (TNT R) alone.

Yeah, I've seen a few on here from MO and found one other person from Columbia as well. I don't drive the truck much so unless you're tailgating at a Mizzou game or a duck hunter you may not see it

Thomas
Old 11-02-2008, 12:37 PM

I have an 04.5 with both the Smarty and the Juice. They have both worked for me and are both excellent products. For overall performace and power though, the Smarty takes the cake.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:37 PM

I have an 03 305/555 motor. I just got my smarty and will have it on the truck here in a few weeks. If you want to pm me here in a couple weeks i can tell you more. I've ran the Edge Juice w/ attitude for a couple years now and liked it a lot I'm just to the point now where I was needing more. Just depends on what you want and like. The monitor w/ gauges was a nice deal too with the box and adjustability on the fly was real nice. I think you might be able to get the POD with the smarty and have on the fly stuff now. Either way i dont think you'll be disappointed.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:43 PM

smarty...Ive watched BOSSHOGG try every combo on his triple nickle the last few years...BTW smarty Beta 4.2 on SW#7 is the BOMB DIZZLE but...and this is a huge but (like boss's) , be ready to buy a clutch!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:08 AM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ran the Edge juice with attitude.

Ran the Van Aken stacked with the early smarty 4.09

Currently run the Smarty. I have it with the mild TNT program not the TNT R -------I am running SW3 TQ1 RP 1 Timing 3 I get good mileage, have excellent HP and towing i have 0 egt problems. No rail draining at these settings.

With my 03 305/555 the smarty 4.11 got the best milage and provided good power also for towing with least amount of smoke. the REVO is a little smokey for me but the TNT i have no smoke issues go figure

If i had it to do over i probably would have bought a 04.5-07 turbo and put it on my 03 when i first got the smarty modified the turbo to take a boost elbo and run the smarty for towing the stock turbo on the 03/04 was just a little small for WOT on SW 7.
plan on a clutch
do an exhaust brake
do a better lift pump.
do the hub kit

enjoy the truck for a long time