3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Juice...False boost readings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:45 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Juice...False boost readings?

I've spent a lot of time here reading, and finaly could not find the answer to this one. I have the Edge Juice/Attitude and it will not read anything over 33psi boost. I have a manual gauge plumbed into a boost bolt that will show a 50 psi spike and settle at 46 in the big gear.(Need a new turbo bad... I cant believe the stocker takes it!!) Jason at Edge told me my gauge was bad. It reads the same upto 32-33 psi. Is it the sender that is incapable of going over 33 psi? I would like to use the Edge to regulate the boost, but if it cant, I have a boost controller that needs plumbed in right away. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a Juice/Attitude and Hot Juice/Attitude for a good while. The Juice/Attitude is reading boost from the ECM which is reading the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor electronics and ECM programming can only read up to around 40psi. Anything over that is just read at max boost on the ECM. Mine was fairly accurate up to the 40psi range when compared to my manual Autometer gauge.

Boost fooling also plays a part of what the ECM is seeing from the MAP sensor depending on box installed. 46-50psi on stock turbo is playing with fire, you do need a turbo upgrade.

You can use the Juice/Attitude max boost backdown setting at 36psi or so to control fueling, but if your not comfortable with the readings the Juice/Attitude are seeing I would not trust that at all.

I would use my manual gauge and right foot to be on the safe side. Just my experience and .02.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:32 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a manual boost controller that I plumbed into the wastegate. I have it now set to 38 psi. It only hit the 50 psi spike once... and I think that was one too many times. I need the turbo to hold in there for 2 months until I have enough cash for a upgrade. My Attitude would never go over 33 psi at all, and the only thing I could think of was the sensor was incapable of reading over that. Since you got 40 out of yours... there goes that theory. Thanks for the response!