3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Juice Attitude or Quadzilla Xzillaraider 2 with Commander

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Juice Attitude or Quadzilla Xzillaraider 2 with Commander

Just bought a new Edge Juice and thinking about going with the new Xzillaraider 2. I have a 2005 with a stock tranny (auto) and this will be the only upgrade for a while.

Should I keep it or sell it. It's already in the classifieds section. Just want to make sure I get my moneys worth since I'm gonna have to live with it for a while.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:40 PM

Stay with the juice with attitude....It has alot of built in safety features. I noticed you have a auto trans, edge sense slip and backs down accordingly,so you don't toast your trans.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Quadzilla and commander - quality and sevice.
I have experienced the above.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

QUAD!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:23 PM

Why should he take a loss to buy something that is pretty much the same thing?

You are asking about two VERY similar products. The Juice makes good power and they don't have problems. It's a good controller. Do what you want, but you're not going to see a larger performance gain from the Quad.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldman06
Why should he take a loss to buy something that is pretty much the same thing?

You are asking about two VERY similar products. The Juice makes good power and they don't have problems. It's a good controller. Do what you want, but you're not going to see a larger performance gain from the Quad.
Oops. I'm over at my dad's and hadn't logged in. The above statement was actually made by me.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 PM

I am not going to give any advise but, I do want to point out that there are some major differences.

It has alot of built in safety features. I noticed you have a auto trans, edge sense slip and backs down accordingly,so you don't toast your trans.
While this is true thee are some things the Edge does not have for his trucks. Like fuel pressure and rail pressure options. The attitude is also not stand alone for dealer trips. We also know that the Commander is already compatible with the 6.7's, so you have at least 1 forward compatible product.

They are similar but oh so different.

First, the major difference is that the X2 is USB updatable. For that matter so is the Commander. That is a huge difference and has a lot of upsides.

First, he can get many different tunes, stacking tunes, tunes made especially to smoke, tunes made to have a large number of settings. There are just so many things you can do right at your own home. This is also true for some diagnostics stuff.

Same thing can be said for the Commander. We can add things like turbo timers, fonts, display pages etc. when needed or when we want a fresh look. You can do it at your house.

Lastly, I know the Edge runs well. I am not saying it does not but, I am pretty darn certain that in the 100hp versions, we will stomp them. We have a LOT more bottom end and throttle response. On the Race or Hot versions, I think it might be pretty close. We just rate them differently.

So, not that there is anything wrong with the Edge but, they are not as similar as they used to be and he has a viable dilemma in my opinion.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
I am not going to give any advise but, I do want to point out that there are some major differences.

While this is true thee are some things the Edge does not have for his trucks. Like fuel pressure and rail pressure options. The attitude is also not stand alone for dealer trips. We also know that the Commander is already compatible with the 6.7's, so you have at least 1 forward compatible product.

They are similar but oh so different.

First, the major difference is that the X2 is USB updatable. For that matter so is the Commander. That is a huge difference and has a lot of upsides.

First, he can get many different tunes, stacking tunes, tunes made especially to smoke, tunes made to have a large number of settings. There are just so many things you can do right at your own home. This is also true for some diagnostics stuff.

Same thing can be said for the Commander. We can add things like turbo timers, fonts, display pages etc. when needed or when we want a fresh look. You can do it at your house.

Lastly, I know the Edge runs well. I am not saying it does not but, I am pretty darn certain that in the 100hp versions, we will stomp them. We have a LOT more bottom end and throttle response. On the Race or Hot versions, I think it might be pretty close. We just rate them differently.

So, not that there is anything wrong with the Edge but, they are not as similar as they used to be and he has a viable dilemma in my opinion.
Sorry Quad. I forgot you guys released the X2. I was thinking of your products prior to that release and that they were pretty similar. I can honestly say, that if I had a disposable income I would definitely give the x2 a shot to see which I like best and if I didn't already have the Juice and was starting with nothing, I would go with the x2 - which is what airforce probably should have done.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:32 PM

I wish I would have heard about the Xzillaraider 2 before I decided on the Edge.
I got a good deal on it, so I bought it. Now I'll just will have to wait till I can sell the Edge.

qzilla, You said that you can ad the turbo timer to the Commander. Did I understand that right. I was planning to do that to the Juice.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 AM

I think the main problem with the edge is it does not do Tranny Temp.
With an auto, you need a tranny temp gauge.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:09 AM

Seems like the more I look at it the more I think I need to go with Quadzilla. I rather lose a little bit of money and have a good product than having to get something else later down the road.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 AM

The 06 edg/att does tranny temp.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 AM

I think the commander monitors more... but not positive.

I remember seeing a chart somewhere, possibly quads site, that showed which modules the Commander will work with and which the Edge and Outlook and others will work with and the commander worked with about all the boxes, the edge did not... Is that right quad?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by welndmn
I think the main problem with the edge is it does not do Tranny Temp.
With an auto, you need a tranny temp gauge.
This is true..

I just installed the mag-tech double deep trans pan which now holds over 9 quarts of tranny(atf-4) fluid. I also put in at the same time their rear end cover which is 8 quarts of gear oil (I used Lucas). Both pans are pre-drilled for temp probs. I got a srt-10 a-pillar and a double temp gauge.

My tranny runs on a 2-3 hr highway run just about 150... highest i've seen so far is about 170 in really bad stop and go traffic. The rear highest is about 150 usually around 125..

I like having the mechanical gaues for the temps... I also have the edge w/ attitude... stock tranny.

I know I have to fill in my sig.. will try later...

good luck in your choice..

Peace
Old 10-08-2007, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by alboy
The 06 edg/att does tranny temp.
It does?
I just looked here
http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=58&pvk=179

and it did not say anything.

I looked on E-bay and some vendors say it does, and other say it does not.
I wish Edge would put some time into their website and update it.

Quick Reply: Edge Juice Attitude or Quadzilla Xzillaraider 2 with Commander