3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Jammer Injector Tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by metal_miner
I don't know about Edge stuff because every electronic thing I've ran from Edge was a turd. However, I would not hesitate to run Diesel Dynamics products if still available again. They were one of the pioneers of the diesel performance world back in the "old days" and were the company to beat (or copy...).
Thanks for the kind words. Early on, DD only offered to modify your nozzles - you had to send your injectors in, we'd run them in the extrude hone, then send them back. Later, once Bosio released some nozzles, we used those. When the Edge/DD Jammer nozzles hit the market, those were custom made for us to Lawrences' drawings. FYI.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 AM

WHY DID did DISSAPPEAR?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by pullin hard
there was a few post in the begining about the said injector tips being no good, or what not, i was asking some questions, that i am now not getting answers too. i am considering these for myself, but was wondering on why they are no good, or why they would be a bad choice, or whatever the case may be. if you go back to the first 2 pages, it will be clear. i am watching how i post this, i don't want to get in crap over this, i just wanted some info. i have called the vender before, and sent a couple emails regarding injectors, with no reply, not sure why, maybe they don't get phone calls from Canada.
Ahh, ok. I've got you now. I too would like to see the follow up to some of the earlier posts in this thread and see the answers to the questions.

Originally Posted by metal_miner
I've ran the Diesel Dynamics Level 3 (100 HP) nozzles back before Edge bought DD. I decided to go this route after conversing with KLockliear who posted previously on this thread (He was owner or rep of Diesel Dynamics and very straightforward to deal with). They were installed by Dynomite Diesel before Dynomite started selling their own injector nozzles. The DD3 injectors performed as advertised. Details here:

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...l-results.html

I did end up replacing the DD3 injector nozzles after they got severely carboned up after lots of city driving with a bad rail pressure relief valve. Upon replacement I found that the DD3 nozzles were not Bosch. Rather, they were Bosio. Bosio is an Italian company that is pretty well known for VW TDI injector upgrades so I don't believe it was an issue about nozzle quality.

The DD3 were replaced with Industrial Injection 3-flows (90 HP). To put it bluntly, they sucked. They had the worst mileage and were the smokiest POS ever. The HP claims were all true though.

I then replaced the 3-flows with the Flux 2's. The Flux 2's gave hair better highway mileage than the DD3, but the DD3 gave hair better city driving mileage. They both net out about equal on mileage on average. However, lots of other variables too : no ULSD in 2005 when I had the DD3 and in 2005 I was at ~540 HP with stock CP3, small single 62/14 turbo.

I don't know about Edge stuff because every electronic thing I've ran from Edge was a turd. However, I would not hesitate to run Diesel Dynamics products if still available again. They were one of the pioneers of the diesel performance world back in the "old days" and were the company to beat (or copy...).
Thank you for the extremely informative post. I don't know about everyone else, but it puts my mind more at ease when it comes to running these things.

Originally Posted by KLockliear
Thanks for the kind words. Early on, DD only offered to modify your nozzles - you had to send your injectors in, we'd run them in the extrude hone, then send them back. Later, once Bosio released some nozzles, we used those. When the Edge/DD Jammer nozzles hit the market, those were custom made for us to Lawrences' drawings. FYI.
Did you ever see any of the premature wear that Don was talking about happening with any of your nozzles when used in the high pressure CR engines? That includes when you just honed them out. I do realize that it was probably before ULSD came around, but it would still be useful information nonetheless.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Did you ever see any of the premature wear that Don was talking about happening with any of your nozzles when used in the high pressure CR engines? That includes when you just honed them out. I do realize that it was probably before ULSD came around, but it would still be useful information nonetheless.
No, we never did. That includes extrude honed pieces and custom built stuff. The custom stuff just needs the right surface finish.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by KLockliear
No, we never did. That includes extrude honed pieces and custom built stuff. The custom stuff just needs the right surface finish.
So I'm assuming that the Edge nozzles should have this "right surface finish", correct?

Thank you for the information that you are providing. There seems to be very little of it for the CR guys.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 PM

would you recommend these tips to people or would I be askin for trouble if I bought these?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Banned

Talking

So I'm assuming that the Edge nozzles should have this "right surface finish", correct?

Thank you for the information that you are providing. There seems to be very little of it for the CR guys.
Right surface finish & magical mystery coatings have me all jammed up. Next thing i know the world won't be flat & the sky won't be falling. My purchase was based on the GREAT reputation Diesel Dynamics had, The GREAT customer support & info EDGE has provided on these nozzles & the PROVEN worldwide useage of Bosio injector nozzles. If these & other similar nozzles on the market are questionable where are the complaints?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:05 PM
tcr

Originally Posted by UNDER-PRESSURE
What coating do you apply when "fixing" them up? Would nozzles that have been extrude honed & the factory finish removed need this coating also?
Don, Why hasn't this been answered or did I miss something??????
Old 03-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by UNDER-PRESSURE
Right surface finish & magical mystery coatings have me all jammed up. Next thing i know the world won't be flat & the sky won't be falling. My purchase was based on the GREAT reputation Diesel Dynamics had, The GREAT customer support & info EDGE has provided on these nozzles & the PROVEN worldwide useage of Bosio injector nozzles. If these & other similar nozzles on the market are questionable where are the complaints?
I agree with you as well. I just wanted to hear it from someone who has more knowledge than me about these sorts of things. My only hold up is that most of what I have heard about these nozzles are from 2nd gen guys. And their nozzles aren't seeing near the pressure that ours would see. That's why I wanted to hear from the horses mouth something that stated that these have held up in our CR engines.

And my main purchase incentive was that they were dirt cheap!!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:45 PM

My confidentiality agreement precludes me from getting into the spec of the surface finish, but let me just say it's at least as smooth as a Bosch pintle/bore. This is part of the design/spec for the nozzle as DD/Edge built them.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:14 PM

are these still available on ebay? I want some stage 3's and ebay is blocked at work.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:05 PM

Yep, just do the search from the first page of this thread.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:16 PM

sweet thanks a lot for all the info you provided
Old 03-10-2009, 04:35 PM

My truck has 160xxx miles on it do you have to get your injectors pop tested? is there anything else I should do?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Why didn't Edge\DD ever make tips for the 04.5 and above? Or did they and I'm just not seeing them on Ebay?

Quick Reply: Edge Jammer Injector Tips