3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Jammer Injector Tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wish these would work on an 07 5.9
Old 03-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Found them on the net for $194.00. Stage 1 03-04.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by mopardamo
Hello,

Nice real nice. It is not a commodities market intended for people to speculate. What Ur suggesting is profiteering! Always a scammer or 2 around.

Damon
Say I buy something in a fair and legal transaction for a price that is lower than the average price for a similar item. I then decide to resell the item at a price that is more in line with the average price for that particular item for a small profit. Then by your definition, I would be guilty of profiteering and the profit that I gained would have been obtained through unethical means. I guess you consider all used car dealerships to be guilty of profiteering as well? What about people who flip houses? I just do not see the connection here to something that is unethical. I call that being in the right place at the right time and having the guts to take that gamble.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by clndesl
wish these would work on an 07 5.9
No. The 04.5-07 5.9L have different injectors.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:08 PM

that sucks that would have been a nice addition.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 PM

i wish i had more info on these.i wish some people would continue what they started, why post something on here about these and not finish??? half info, got to love it. kinda like not returning calls.love that too.
anyway, i hope these work out for the ones who bought them, think i will give them a try too, as some of the others don't answer questions.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by pullin hard
i wish i had more info on these.i wish some people would continue what they started, why post something on here about these and not finish??? half info, got to love it. kinda like not returning calls.love that too.
anyway, i hope these work out for the ones who bought them, think i will give them a try too, as some of the others don't answer questions.
What "half info" are you speaking of?

EDIT: I think I misunderstood the intent of the quoted post, so I removed my comment so I don't make the wrong assumption.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:24 AM

very good, your on the right track.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello Apocalypse & 5point9,

Sorry I used the word scam! Apocalypse you are right we will probably agree to disagree. Here is my concerns. To my knowledge these are new parts. I cannot use your analogy about used cars/parts/items. Yes if they were used I have no beef, but new is a different problem. If someone purchased them honestly intending to use them and had a change of plans I also find no problem. Purchasing new items just to turn around and resell and make a profit is a concern. That keeps some people who would of had an opportunity to obtain an item from getting the item for your personal gain. This is not the intent of the new parts seller. So yes I find this unethical. Im no lawyer but I would guess that there are legal implications also. If you did do this would you then provide the warranty/guarantee/customer service for the resold items? If so then you have better footing. I love performance of almost any kind and tend to be more protective of this industry. I just would never think of doing that intentionally to another performance person. The practice that was suggested is just too dark for my tastes.

Damon
Old 03-08-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by mopardamo
Hello Apocalypse & 5point9,

Sorry I used the word scam! Apocalypse you are right we will probably agree to disagree. Here is my concerns. To my knowledge these are new parts. I cannot use your analogy about used cars/parts/items. Yes if they were used I have no beef, but new is a different problem. If someone purchased them honestly intending to use them and had a change of plans I also find no problem. Purchasing new items just to turn around and resell and make a profit is a concern. That keeps some people who would of had an opportunity to obtain an item from getting the item for your personal gain. This is not the intent of the new parts seller. So yes I find this unethical. Im no lawyer but I would guess that there are legal implications also. If you did do this would you then provide the warranty/guarantee/customer service for the resold items? If so then you have better footing. I love performance of almost any kind and tend to be more protective of this industry. I just would never think of doing that intentionally to another performance person. The practice that was suggested is just too dark for my tastes.

Damon
All are fair and logical points.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I would sell these things on the street fake rolex style.

In this particular case, I don't even know if these things come with warranties anyway since they are liquidating their stock and getting out of the business (does anyone know?). If not, in this case it's buyer beware, regardless of who that buyer is. I understand that I could just be out the money if something should fail on these things. I'm not saying that I would resell the items with an implied warranty/guarantee and then if problems occur later say that I am not responsible. That I wholeheartedly disagree with. I would make it very clear up front that I purchased these and am now reselling them, and they are being sold as is. I would not claim to be a dealer at all. I would just be selling them on the used market but in new condition, not setting up a shop and selling them as a business. It is the buyers choice whether they want to purchase them or not and save a few bucks over the price of a new unit from a dealer/vendor.

And if I took the opportunity for someone else to buy them away by doing this, then I say that I got lucky and found them before other people did. They got unlucky by finding them too late.

It's a fine line, and some of us fall on different sides.

Originally Posted by pullin hard
very good, your on the right track.

Maybe I'm a little bit slow today, but I really have no idea what you are talking about. Care to elaborate?
Old 03-08-2009, 08:31 PM

there was a few post in the begining about the said injector tips being no good, or what not, i was asking some questions, that i am now not getting answers too. i am considering these for myself, but was wondering on why they are no good, or why they would be a bad choice, or whatever the case may be. if you go back to the first 2 pages, it will be clear. i am watching how i post this, i don't want to get in crap over this, i just wanted some info. i have called the vender before, and sent a couple emails regarding injectors, with no reply, not sure why, maybe they don't get phone calls from Canada.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:17 PM

I've ran the Diesel Dynamics Level 3 (100 HP) nozzles back before Edge bought DD. I decided to go this route after conversing with KLockliear who posted previously on this thread (He was owner or rep of Diesel Dynamics and very straightforward to deal with). They were installed by Dynomite Diesel before Dynomite started selling their own injector nozzles. The DD3 injectors performed as advertised. Details here:

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...l-results.html

I did end up replacing the DD3 injector nozzles after they got severely carboned up after lots of city driving with a bad rail pressure relief valve. Upon replacement I found that the DD3 nozzles were not Bosch. Rather, they were Bosio. Bosio is an Italian company that is pretty well known for VW TDI injector upgrades so I don't believe it was an issue about nozzle quality.

The DD3 were replaced with Industrial Injection 3-flows (90 HP). To put it bluntly, they sucked. They had the worst mileage and were the smokiest POS ever. The HP claims were all true though.

I then replaced the 3-flows with the Flux 2's. The Flux 2's gave hair better highway mileage than the DD3, but the DD3 gave hair better city driving mileage. They both net out about equal on mileage on average. However, lots of other variables too : no ULSD in 2005 when I had the DD3 and in 2005 I was at ~540 HP with stock CP3, small single 62/14 turbo.

I don't know about Edge stuff because every electronic thing I've ran from Edge was a turd. However, I would not hesitate to run Diesel Dynamics products if still available again. They were one of the pioneers of the diesel performance world back in the "old days" and were the company to beat (or copy...).
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 PM

Well, I just upgraded my Smarty to the Revo (from 4.11) and it's running really smooth with plenty of power and no fueling issues. On level 5, it feels like someone buttered my tires!! I have it stacked with my Quad Race, but only turn that on when I'm feeling real giddy. I do still have stock fueling and tranny, so I know there comes a time when it can be too much.

Originally Posted by DODGER BOMBER
Might as well try. whats the worst that can happen.....
Old 03-08-2009, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by 2003Ram
Well, I just upgraded my Smarty to the Revo (from 4.11) and it's running really smooth with plenty of power and no fueling issues. On level 5, it feels like someone buttered my tires!! I have it stacked with my Quad Race, but only turn that on when I'm feeling real giddy. I do still have stock fueling and tranny, so I know there comes a time when it can be too much.
Ya i guess some thing has to give. I just wait till it is ready to upgrade and then it gives me a reason. Im still ordering mine this week once i fine out if thye ship to canada and then ill install and try. If they dont work, ill dump them for cheap.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 AM

would these nozzles be alright to run on a truck with 160xxx miles on it? Or should I get my injectors checked to make sure all is good?

Quick Reply: Edge Jammer Injector Tips