3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge Hot program

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4x4not
How much boost are you getting when you hit those temps? I can hit 42psi with my stock turbo and my temps stay mostly in check (~1200 - 1300). This is on level 4 though, since I can't really utilize Level 5 yet.
Its really hard to tell about boost because I only have the Attitude monitor to view boost and the like. So if I have the Mp-8 on at all the boost never goes above 24 because its fooled. With out the Mp-8 on the boost gets to about 31-35psi then as rpm's get really close to 3xxx the boost guage goes to 41-42psi. Although I am sure the stock turbo is not very efficient at that level.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:41 AM

One thing to keep in mind is that the attitude monitor will only read up to around 41 42 psi, it wont go over that

Kevin
Old 03-18-2007, 05:36 AM

same with the tst it only reads up to 45, the older remotes did anyway. the reading was off of the map sensor I believe but not 100% sure
Old 03-18-2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by omaharam
Yes. It doesn't get that hot unless you stack a pressure box as well. I don't think I ever saw 1400 with just the HOT Juice.

interesting .... what is edge doing to get the extra hp ##'s just more timing and duration ...??? that is an interesting statement because with my regular juice with attitude and my quad xzt stack i can hit 1400-1500 in about 3 seconds flat !!!so if i upgrade to the hot and took the stack off would the power still be the same or better w/o the stack and would i see the temps i see with this stack ... ????

Gary
Old 03-18-2007, 09:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey RamNu2
I very greatly apologize. I have been giving you information that is probably not accurate on your truck. Some how I missed that you have an '06. For some reason, the '06s with the Juice run really hot - at least some of them do. My dad did the Hot upgrade for his and cannot use it at all. It goes over 1600 instantly. Not sure what the cause of this is, but it runs way hotter than my 04.5 did when all I had was the HOT Juice.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by swansong04
interesting .... what is edge doing to get the extra hp ##'s just more timing and duration ...??? that is an interesting statement because with my regular juice with attitude and my quad xzt stack i can hit 1400-1500 in about 3 seconds flat !!!so if i upgrade to the hot and took the stack off would the power still be the same or better w/o the stack and would i see the temps i see with this stack ... ????

Gary
My opinion - similar egts, but more power. It won't pull quite as hard down low as with the xzt, but you won't believe the top end.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:22 PM

My opinion - similar egts, but more power. It won't pull quite as hard down low as with the xzt, but you won't believe the top end.

thanks for the thought .. that is funny because that is what i find the xzt brings to the stack is awesome top end.. i think alone the J/A lacks top end but has awesome smooth bottom end (IMHO)and the xzt makes the top end un-real ... i am debating doing the hot upgrade .. but i am still pondering the idea.. and well my wife has almost had enough of the addiction too ...so it might be awhile yet ..

G
Old 03-19-2007, 12:11 AM

Hey RamNu2
I very greatly apologize. I have been giving you information that is probably not accurate on your truck. Some how I missed that you have an '06. For some reason, the '06s with the Juice run really hot - at least some of them do. My dad did the Hot upgrade for his and cannot use it at all. It goes over 1600 instantly. Not sure what the cause of this is, but it runs way hotter than my 04.5 did when all I had was the HOT Juice.
I didn't know if that mattered for sure, but I could imagine it since it seems that alot is different with the '06 over the other years. I still think the only way to find out for sure is to get the unlock code and try it once or twice. I still have yet to really get to 1500 and keep it there not that I want to. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:27 AM

I got the hot unlock code for my truck and it an 06. have it set to defuel at 1350 and it will still hit 1500 pretty fast. still fun to have for a short run. I have read allot about the J/A boost not being right above 40 but it reads the same as my autometer boost gauge. running the truck on level 5 I can maintain 40 with the defueling at 40.when I turn it up to level 6 (hot code)it will blow past 40 and maintain 45.this is with it defueling for 40.dont know if this helps anyone but I tried.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:29 AM

Hot!!

MY 2006 will hit 1571 within like 15 seconds from a standing start, makes level 6 useless til I get a new turbo
Old 03-19-2007, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by badcompany
I got the hot unlock code for my truck and it an 06. have it set to defuel at 1350 and it will still hit 1500 pretty fast. still fun to have for a short run. I have read allot about the J/A boost not being right above 40 but it reads the same as my autometer boost gauge. running the truck on level 5 I can maintain 40 with the defueling at 40.when I turn it up to level 6 (hot code)it will blow past 40 and maintain 45.this is with it defueling for 40.dont know if this helps anyone but I tried.
Originally Posted by blh1972
MY 2006 will hit 1571 within like 15 seconds from a standing start, makes level 6 useless til I get a new turbo

Is it a huge difference than the level 5 on your trucks. I forgot to look at your signatures to see if you two had any intake or exhaust mods. I still have a month of so before dyno so I may have more done to truck than I expected by then. Thanks for the info though.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by RamNu2
Is it a huge difference than the level 5 on your trucks. I forgot to look at your signatures to see if you two had any intake or exhaust mods. I still have a month of so before dyno so I may have more done to truck than I expected by then. Thanks for the info though.
When my dad got his HOT and couldn't believe the egts, he took it for a drive with no exhaust - just the downpipe, and no air filter and the lid off the factory box. Did not help egts.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:38 AM

Goin to get the hot program in meer minutes I hope. Will follow up with a post here. Yesterday was the big 28th for me so I feel I need somesort of a gift. i guess I can start with that.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:28 PM

Just could not help your self Well i hope i can get the cash for my mod pump by then. You know all you have to do is tell me and your truck will be ready when you come back home again.

Quick Reply: Edge Hot program