3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

From Edge EZ to Juice. Is the difference worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Edge EZ to Juice. Is the difference worth it?

Thinking of getting a new chip. I'd like more power when towing the grades. Looking at the Edge site, the EZ gives 70 HP and 220 ft lb while the Juice/Attitude is 100 and 250. Also I understand the Juice will lower my EGT a bit.
Has anyone upgraded from the EZ to Juice, and if so was it worth it and what could I expect? I don't want to stack them, I'll be either trading mine in or selling it. I can do the Juice for around $700 installed.

Guess I should mention my truck is the 305/555 6 spd 3.73.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:43 PM

Yes. it is worth it. i had an EZ, then a bullydog, now the Juice. The EZ is definitely the weak one. I would take the bullydog over the 3, but between EZ and juice, there really is no comparison. Plus, the EZ is a pressure box which was the cause for blown injectors at 110,000 miles on our 03.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:33 PM

Did it pull a lot better? Was there a lot more SOP power? More smoke? EGT's any cooler?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Padzz, I think that price may be a little high. Also, you should install it yourself, it takes a half hour at most.. You can also get the 'HOT' juice, which makes up to 180hp.. Common opinion is that since the juice makes less power by pressure compared to the EZ, it's easier on your injectors etc.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

First of all, I love my new Juice/Attitude.

Second, who ever is saying they can put on in half an hour is full-a-bull!!!!!! Maybe if the wiring harness is already installed, the EGT probe drilled/tapped, wires ran through the firewall, pillar holder mounted, fuel pressure sensor mounted, VP44 wires tapped, etc. etc. etc. Bull-Butter!!

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=111523

You can do it yourself, but plan on about 3 hours. That is how long it took me and I grew up in a body shop and have all the right tools. I emailed the tech dude at Edge and asked him about the "easy 10 minute install" text on the box. No reply......

Buy your Edge from Lary (Top). I researched it for almost a week and he had the best price.

JWB
Old 08-21-2006, 04:33 PM
KVD

So the hot verison is 180 i thought it just pulled longer.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
Second, who ever is saying they can put on in half an hour is full-a-bull!!!!!! Maybe if the wiring harness is already installed, the EGT probe drilled/tapped, wires ran through the firewall, pillar holder mounted, fuel pressure sensor mounted, VP44 wires tapped, etc. etc. etc. Bull-Butter!!

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=111523

You can do it yourself, but plan on about 3 hours. That is how long it took me and I grew up in a body shop and have all the right tools. I emailed the tech dude at Edge and asked him about the "easy 10 minute install" text on the box. No reply......

JWB
My dodge dealer did the install for me. He is a viper tech and i watched him. he drilled and tapped in less than 10 minutes, and the wiring was cake for him to do. i had it installed and hooked to my dash in about 20 minutes.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
First of all, I love my new Juice/Attitude.

JWB
Umm, that 'whoever' is me, and it did take about 30 minutes. You might want to notice you're in the 3rd gen forum, we dont have vp44's, nor do we have to tap any wires. You drill/tap the exhaust manifold, hook up about 5 plugs, and put velcro on the back of the juice. It's extremely simple.

LOL @ bull-butter...what the heck is that?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:35 PM

Kinda like boy butter but only from a bull
Old 08-21-2006, 08:36 PM

wow, super-classy! LOL
Old 08-21-2006, 10:15 PM

The Juice will be MUCH better on the EGT's.

I had/have the EZ and it was hard to tow with pulling steeper grades. Added the Juice and put the EZ on the low setting and tons of power without the high EGT's. It would probably be more "tow" friendly w/o the EZ.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:34 PM

Love the juice,custom shop installed in 30min
Old 08-22-2006, 01:18 AM

Edge Juice and Gauges

Are any of you using gauges with the Edge? I need to get some gauges, the standard for towing, but don't know if I really need to get a chip controller like the Edge as I think Ill have plenty of power with my new '06 2500 Mega Cab CTD. It seems like these chip controllers, is that how you refer to them, are small to read. I'm brand new to the Diesel front let alone turbos? I'll be getting a brake exhaust soon and didn't know if I should get gauges or the chip controller. Can you help a newbie out? I traded up from the Nissan Titan and plan to tow a TH soon with my new Mega Cab.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:29 AM

I have the E/J with attitude you can read the moniter real well on a-pillar thats what i have no problems
Old 08-22-2006, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1TONY1
The Juice will be MUCH better on the EGT's.
Granted i didnt have an EGT gauge with the EZ, i ran the EZ hard up some long grades with trailers and didnt hurt anything. With the Juice i cant pull 5000lbs up a 7% grade on level 3. in overdrive i am pushing 1450-1550. i usually run it on level 5 and that will easily pin my gauge.

Quick Reply: From Edge EZ to Juice. Is the difference worth it?